Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wear stockings. Yes, with a garter belt. I wore panty hose for years but in my mid 40s, I rediscovered stockings...
Here's a few reasons why stockings are better and more frugal than pantyhose:

1) If you get a run in your pantyhose, they are ruined. No, I won't do that silly thing of cutting off one leg and wearing two *panty* parts, each with one good leg. Ridiculous!

2) High quality stockings are less expensive than high quality pantyhose. I frequently find never opened packages of stockings...even silk one!...at thrift stores for as little as 50 cents!

3) Ever tried to wriggle out of a pair of pantyhose when you have to go to the bathroom right away? 'Nuff said.

4) A stocking with a run in it can be used in all the ways that I have seen mentioned for pantyhose...replacing a belt on the car, tying up gourds and such, etc.

5)Stockings last longer. Seriously, they do. I hand wash mine and hang them to dry. I have stockings that have lasted me 6 months+. I have never had a pair of pantyhose last me that long!

6) Stockings and a garter belt are just dead sexy. I have never heard a man do that quick intake of breath when he caught a glimpse of where the hose meets with the panty part. I have heard many a man make that sound when they caught a glimpse of the top of a stocking attached to the garter.;)

7) Stockings are just easier to deal with, in the long run. You can quickly change looks (I have different colors and textures of stockings).

8) Ladies, you will feel more feminine in stockings. Really. You walk differently, carry yourself differently. I, personally, feel a bit more powerful...maybe that's not the right word?...but I feel more self-confident and ready to take on the world when I am wearing stockings than I ever did in pantyhose!

9) There is nothing, I do mean NOTHING, more delightfully, wickedly sensual than your fella sliding his hand up across your stocking and brushing his fingers against bare skin. While that may not come into frugality or survivalism, it may help repopulate the planet if TEOTWAWKI occurs!:D:

·
Mourning Wolf
248 Posts
Thanks for the tips Lamb, I almost always wear dresses and skirts commando style, garters sound like a more comfortable way to do so. (at least in the summer ;) )

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Thanks for the tips Lamb, I almost always wear dresses and skirts commando style, garters sound like a more comfortable way to do so. (at least in the summer ;) )
cccccccccccccccommmmmando? why dont any of you live in my neck of the woods?:zombie

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
iam going to get into trouble for this one....if they are worn right and the lady know how to wear them ..yes they do look good on a women ...but not worn right and they look very chreap on a women ..very 1980.s style hooker look ..
so with that being said ..ok ladies give it to me

·
Mourning Wolf
248 Posts
iam going to get into trouble for this one....if they are worn right and the lady know how to wear them ..yes they do look good on a women ...but not worn right and they look very chreap on a women ..very 1980.s style hooker look ..
so with that being said ..ok ladies give it to me
Actually, you're 100% correct.

If one wears a skirt or dress too short so one can see the garter line while walking about then it would most definitely scream "80's hooker" on some level or another.

Practice makes perfect in that regard, especially if you have a special girl (or guy depending on your preference,) to model for and get a "second opinion" from. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i have always belived that the ladies has to have the legs to wear gartor belt and stockings and they have to be aduasted right to have the propler length for the them to wear right under the women cloths .. and wrondering how i know about that ..i use to date a womem that was into a special line of work and would hear her and girlfriends talk about that when they would go shoping ..every man has dilikes and likes when comes to that special lingerie that women wear for the bedroom ..if he tells you diff he BULL-S---T--you ..he also tells you that he does not p-in the shower .also..and get out to do that ..
me i always been a old school lingerie typle of guy ..
all men like to see a womem in the special lingierie that they wear ...

·
Battling the Beast
169 Posts
6) Stockings and a garter belt are just dead sexy. I have never heard a man do that quick intake of breath when he caught a glimpse of where the hose meets with the panty part. I have heard many a man make that sound when they caught a glimpse of the top of a stocking attached to the garter.;)

9) There is nothing, I do mean NOTHING, more delightfully, wickedly sensual than your fella sliding his hand up across your stocking and brushing his fingers against bare skin. While that may not come into frugality or survivalism, it may help repopulate the planet if TEOTWAWKI occurs!:D:
These two positives outweigh any negatives, imho.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This post is worthless without pics!:D:
I'd be happy to oblige, but I don't think I have any pics of me wearing stockings. Or anything else. I only have nude pics, sorry!

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Nude has it's appeal.... funny you should bring up the topic. A friend recently gave me a 1000 page picture book on the history of women's "lingerie" in the last 250 years or so. (Quit your snickering.) It was full of great art and ad ideas. I looked it over then gave it to a friend who is a marketing genius.

Clearly lingerie was a sexual medium from the very beginning and folks 200 years ago was just as venal as they are now. (I still remember vividly the underall commercial of the young woman walking away and answering why when asked why she wore underalls [or what brand it was] She stopped walking, bent down and back and said 'cause it looks like I ain't wearing nothin' at all." I would have married her...five times...That body is still burn in my memory and as warm today as decades ago.

Anyway, the book went up until about 2005 and it left me wondering if garters and stockings were even still made... not that I look good in them...

·
Battling the Beast
169 Posts
I'd be happy to oblige, but I don't think I have any pics of me wearing stockings. Or anything else. I only have nude pics, sorry!
Send me what you've got, I'll have to use my imagination to add in the stockings. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
IMO stockings are more frugal than pantyhose. They always seem to last longer for me... seemed like better quality or something-maybe just less wrestling to get them on or off?

I also agree with Malaz that socks would be more frugal than either.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,557 Posts
I can photoshop the stockings in....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts