• low fat

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • low carb

Votes: 14 43.8%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Low carb is the only way... plenty to eat, no hunger, works well, proven safe... in fact, a way of life... I've been low carb for years... eating less than 50 carbs a day. Of course, all my preps are carbs... but that's okay...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, My mom is doing the low carb so it should be easier, I need to lose about 80 to 90 pounds before I join the Corps, is this the fastest diet plan to lose weight on (with physical training)?

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Thanks, My mom is doing the low carb so it should be easier, I need to lose about 80 to 90 pounds before I join the Corps, is this the fastest diet plan to lose weight on (with physical training)?

If you change your diet from all the carbs you eat and drink to 80% protein and reschedule your eating habits to 5 to 6 smaller meals to include protein shakes that will speed up you matabolism and you'll start losing weight faster
and if you include excercise to this it will speed the weight loss up considerably. Besides would'nt you want to get a jump on things in the excercise department before you actually yoin the core. Trust me, you'll want to brush up on the pushups, situps, pullups and the three mile run, otherwise there gonna kill ya whaen you get in, Haha.:thumb:

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
I'm not an expert- but I went with low fat. If you balance out your carbs w/protein, and be reasonably healthy about it...why would you need to go low carb? If you're not looking to loose a lot of weight (just maintain a normal weight) CUT THE FAT OUT. You'll be a lot more healthy. Less cholesterol in your bloodstream.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
What works for you will be different than what works for me. Everybody's metabolism is different, everybody's exercise level is different.

Experiment with what seems right for you; if you like to pig out on dinner, eat something in the afternoon to dull your appetite, or if you get peckish mid-morning, keep a healthy snack around so your stomach doesn't think your throat's been cut.

If you have problems with sweets, you might want to try a cup of applesauce with half a teaspoon of cinnamon in it. Cinnamon somehow cuts one's cravings for sweets.

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
Of the choices you provided, none of the above.
Carbs, fats and proteins are all fundamental, and if you are exercisising correctly, you can eat as much as you require. A fit body will tell you when you've had enough.
It's the cheesies, candy bars and pop that is having delitory effects.
If you're a coffee drinker, you'll notice immediate positive change on your energy and physique if you stop or reduce to only one cup a day.

·
HOPE4BEST&PREP4WORST
493 Posts
The low carb diet works for quick weight loss. If you stop eating sugar, flour, pasta and all products containing those item you will lose wait fast, however, do not under any circumstances cheat and decide to reward yourself with cake, ice cream, etc. Also do not use the low carb diet, such as Atkins diet, for long term. Accomplish your goal with the diet then stop the low carb diet and start exercising and limiting calories...once you go into the military I don't think there will be a problem getting enough exercise. If you go on the Atkins diet and are also drinking diet drinks do yourself a favor and at least drink decaffinated diet drinks like Sprite zero but if you can bear it drink only water. Also take some sort of water soluable fiber supplement while on that diet the fiber will help you loose weight faster and help keep your digestion working normally.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I weigh 286lbs from 310lbs, my goal weight is 190-200 pounds. Every drink but water makes me sick, since I cut all drinks out but water. I hate any candy or anything sweet (it kills my teeth), I love chicken, nuts, fruit, and some veggies, and I can cut out all suger, flower, and pasta. I'm looking for the best diet that will help me lose a lot of weight.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I weigh 286lbs from 310lbs, my goal weight is 190-200 pounds. Every drink but water makes me sick, since I cut all drinks out but water. I hate any candy or anything sweet (it kills my teeth), I love chicken, nuts, fruit, and some veggies, and I can cut out all suger, flower, and pasta. I'm looking for the best diet that will help me lose a lot of weight.
Browsercat said it best when he said what works for me won't necessarily work for you. What I think you should do is try different things and try to cater to you specific make up. The best diet out there will only be found by you, we can only give you ideas that might work. Remamber if it don't work the first time, try something else. One big mastake people make is if it doesn't start showing immediate results they quite soooooooooo, don't quit.

DRIVE ON B--------OUT

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I don't eat sugars or anything sweet. I should be super skinny, right?

Wrong, if you consume mostly simple carbs instead of complex carbs than you
will retain the weight you body puts on simply because the human body can't metabolize simple carbs anywhere near as fast as it can with complex carbs.

so basically the simple carbs that the body does not burn off throughout the day turns into sugar and stored as fat, otherwise know as cellulite.

Remember--- Unburned Simple Carbs : Sugar : CELLULITE

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
I'm not an expert- but I went with low fat. If you balance out your carbs w/protein, and be reasonably healthy about it...why would you need to go low carb? If you're not looking to loose a lot of weight (just maintain a normal weight) CUT THE FAT OUT. You'll be a lot more healthy. Less cholesterol in your bloodstream.
Fat is essential to life. A low carb diet LOWERS cholesterol. The fat that clogs arteries is polyunsaturated fat, not saturated fat. Low fat is a farce and a health threat. Indeed, in the Framingham study, the longest health study to date in the US, over 50 years, the healthiest seniors are the ones who eat the most saturated fat.

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
Complex carbohydrates are found in fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and grains. Some examples of foods high in starchy complex carbohydrates include bread, cereal, rice, pasta, potatoes, dry beans, carrots and corn. Green vegetables like green beans, broccoli and spinach contain less starch and more fiber. All grains include starchy carbohydrates. However, whole grains -- such as whole wheat pasta -- are better for you because they also have more fiber.
Simple carbohydrates are made up of one or two sugar molecules linked together. Examples of simple carbohydrates include glucose, fructose (fruit sugar), sucrose (table sugar) and galactose (the sugar found in milk). Simple sugars are used as ingredients in candy, ice cream, cookies and other sweets. Plus they occur naturally in fruits and lesser amounts are found in vegetables.
I don't eat glucose, fructose, sucrose, candy, ice cream or cookies. I have some milk. I have some fruit but tend not to like sweet fruit like oranges.

Obviously there is other badness in my diet. Or I'm just supposed to be overweight.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't think there are many folks gonna have to worry about a weight problem in the near future. If you weren't planning on the Marine Corps, I'd be saying MAINTAIN your weight while you can.

I ain't fat, but I've been eating as much as I can this last week.

We'll all get a weight reduction plan into place soon enough - It's called rationing your preps and hard work.

For those that don't have the discipline to eat healthy now, or stick to a diet. Don't worry about it. You'll get there. I guarantee it.

Some tips for your date with USMC destiny:

Get at least 8 hours sleep per night - that will help your metabolism correct itself

Drink lots of water - I don't care if it makes you sick. Train yourself. What happens if you're in some middle eastern ****hole and all you got is a camelbak? You gonna become a heat casualty because there's no koolaid or Dr Pepper to drink? C'mon. Water is one of the most effective rapid weightloss tactics out there. You drink water and you don't get the urge to eat for no reason. Your food consumption will stabilize and your hydration level will approach a normal level. Drink at least 100oz a day - more if you can. Your **** should be clear or you're not drinking enough.

Ditch the coffee and go for green tea - you'll find yourself feeling all the better for it and won't be deyhdrated all the time.

Concentrate on your endurance by ruck marching

Concentrate on your upper body strength - pushups, pull ups, rope climbs, bench press, whatever you can handle.

Good luck and God bless. Remember, you'll be a sheepdog, not a wolf.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts