Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gravity is a Theory.
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its a fantasy SHTF situation in the USA. You have enough money and time to get you and your family a plane ticket/Boat Ride to any country in the World. Where do you relocate to? What are your reasons?

I know some of you will say "I wont run! I would stay and fight!", thats great and all but lets pretend you have an option to save your family/friends and bug way out.

My first choice would probably be somewhere in Scandinavia. Isolated, low population, plenty of wildlife and freshwater, and a similar climate to what im used to back home in Michigan. Easy to "get lost" so to speak.

Hoping for some interesting answers on this one :)

·
Back of beyond!
2,575 Posts
I would go to Patagonia, which encompasses regions of Argentina and Chile, as there's EXTREME isolation, plenty of wildlife, (if you position yourself prudently), I speak Spanish, beautiful scenery there, and very few humans. A great place to truly get lost in!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I cannot imagine uprooting everything and moving some place where we know NO ONE. Leaving family and friends behind. That sort of talk makes it sound to me like folks think they will live forever and that all they have to do is "survive" and they'll be ok. Maybe the Good Lord has other plans......

·
getting there
684 Posts
Do we have to factor in whether or not we'll be accepted there? I think that makes a big difference, and if that's the case, I wouldn't know where I'd be welcome in such a situation.

I can't see them killing me upon arrival in Australia. Plus, I speak the language, but I'm not sure if growing food there would be easy. (I'm sure they grow food of course, but I don't know how limited the land is, and as a newcommer, I'm not sure if I could find any.) - Aha! New Zealand - Based on having seen the LOTR trilogy, it seems food could be grown there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.