Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Enjoying Life
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved this email from a friend makes for some intresting reading and lots to think about.

Kentucky House Bill 715

December 11th, 2008 by Syd

Kentucky friends, if you value the 2nd Amendment and your right to keep an bear arms, then you MUST take a look at this. It is a bill designed to regulate, not firearms, but ammunition! Here is a link to the bill and I have also copied it at the end of this email. Contact your state representative immediately and let them know you strongly oppose this bill!
Kentucky House Bill 715 (MS Word document)
Remember how Obama said that he wasnʼt going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!
The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture and recorded in a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.
Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!
If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!
This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.
Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!
To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

·
Fun Guy
319 Posts
I saw this posted on another forum. It'll never happen. The bill has NO support from anyone.

The three guys who are pushing the bill are obviously in it to make money for their patented etching techniques.

No problems.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This needs to be watched. Never say never!
I didn't think that microstamping in Cali would pass, but it did!

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I agree, what's that old saying,"as goes California,so goes the nation".
Besides, it seems Obama Bin Biden never met a anti-gun bill they didn't like !!

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
Here is what you do, buy all the tools and supplies to load your own. Then sit on them. The new law (if it sould come to pass) probably applies to finnished ammo. If you don't have any finnished ammo, then you are home free. You can have enough supplies to load out 10,000 rounds if you like.

Once SHTF, it will be anarchy anyway, so it won't matter after that. You will be free to make as many as you like.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
This needs to be watched. Never say never!
I didn't think that microstamping in Cali would pass, but it did!

It passed....then Gene Hoffman, Bill Wiese and a good few other notable Patriots killed it.

See here.

I have to study the whole text of the findings but I think many ills have just been reversed or seriously hampered.
Gene and Bill are far from done but they helped get the asinine assault(sic) weapons bill killed 3 years ago.
Other states might want to take note.

·
Enjoying Life
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to agree with Booker NEVER SAY NEVER when you have others making the rules. I for one will stock up on what is needed to reload.

·
Ain't Broke Don't Fix It
75 Posts
04/02/08 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-3
04/02/08 Senate Referred to Committee on Judiciary SJ-3
04/10/08 Senate Referred to Subcommittee: Hutto (ch), Jackson,
Knotts, Massey

SC here...anyone want to interpret what this means?

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
dont matter what they pass -- aint givin my "uncoded ammo" up.

but we better keep callin our legislators federal and state level --
and let them know that support of this insanity will result in their being added ta tha unemployment rolls
and unless they are ready ta have ta go out and git a real job -- BEHAVE

·
Suspect Everyone
225 Posts
Glad to see once again that while we are last in almost every area people try to count, Louisiana is still first in freedom! Our guys will never go for this crap!

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
I asked this before: How will they collect the billions of rounds of ammo out there in civilian hands already? It's not like they were registered. Nobody knows who has what, so good luck with the confiscation.

·
Geriatric Gladiator
682 Posts
The way I look at it, if I maintain the proper sight picture, maintain site alignment, control wobble area and squeeze the trigger gently my bullets will go where I send them.:D:

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Here is what you do, buy all the tools and supplies to load your own. Then sit on them. The new law (if it sould come to pass) probably applies to finnished ammo. If you don't have any finnished ammo, then you are home free. You can have enough supplies to load out 10,000 rounds if you like.

Once SHTF, it will be anarchy anyway, so it won't matter after that. You will be free to make as many as you like.
Becareful with the storing. Here in peidmont NC. A guy his son and some one else hade a home buissness (licensed) to reload. BLEW THEIR DAMN SELVES UP!!! Not even reloading!

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
I asked this before: How will they collect the billions of rounds of ammo out there in civilian hands already? It's not like they were registered. Nobody knows who has what, so good luck with the confiscation.
Thats just it. They are counting on the fear factor. "I dont want to be a criminal"! Unfortunetly alot will be turned in.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts