Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which stores carry canning supplies?

I was given a never been used pressure canner by a friend, but it is missing some of the basic equipment. I need to find the rack that goes in the bottom as well as a pair of jar lifters, and the metal lid magnet.

I was suprised that my rural Walmart didnt carry ANY canning supplies, and have tried a couple of kitchen/cookware stores with no luck.

Surely some stores carry these items.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry - didnt think to narrow down my location! I am in the midwest - KC metro area to be specific.

I had not thought about hardware stores - we do have ACE Hardware stores here - I will give it a try.

thanks

·
Miles togo before I sleep
472 Posts
Reactions: OSCPJ

·
Wanderer
3,269 Posts
Our Walmart and kmart both have canning supplies year-round. ACE hardware and all the farm and feed supply stores have them all the time, too. Also try e-Bay for all kinds of canning stuff, but watch out for shipping charges by some sellers who sell cheap, but try to make it up by outrageous shipping charges.

·
Miles togo before I sleep
472 Posts
I bought 100 lbs of paraffin from a Lady on e-Bay awhile back. I only paid $1.00 per pound vs almost $4.00 per pound for Gulf paraffin. The nice thing about paraffin is that it can be reused.

The reason I went for the 100 lbs was that she gave me free shipping on the order!:thumb: What I don't use for canning I can use to make candles or use as barter or charity.

Ed is right, you do need to watch out for the shipping charges on e-Bay.

·
The Power of III
1,365 Posts
Walmart sometimes moves their canning supplies to their "seasonal" section this time of year. Here in West TN, you can get canning supplies for the best prices at Walmart, Fred's and Big Lots. The grocery stores are some of the most expensive places here.

If some things are hard to find in your area, you might also check here:

http://www.canningpantry.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.