Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in search of a military cape in wool and either color black or drab for my wife. I know the French used to use these years ago and not sure about other European nations. I would buy from anyone BUT EBAY. Had really bad dealings with them before. She is only 5'2" so I have to make sure it is not too long. Anyone know where I could find one? These are the ones without sleeves. Thanks! :thumb:

·
7,504 Posts
For her to wear, or are you looking for a trade?

Just kidding, hope you find something nice.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am in search of a military cape in wool and either color black or drab for my wife. I know the French used to use these years ago and not sure about other European nations. I would buy from anyone BUT EBAY. Had really bad dealings with them before. She is only 5'2" so I have to make sure it is not too long. Anyone know where I could find one? These are the ones without sleeves. Thanks! :thumb:
Hi,
Just read this and hadn't thought of a special cape... I had watched this youtube video
where the bushcraft guy fashions a coat from his wool blanket that he also uses as a bedroll.
I found an old surplus olive drab military blanket for ten dollars and am using that as a "cape" type coat like he did. :D:

Maybe in the mean time while you're looking for the cape you want you could at least use this idea for a temporary fix.

:)
Nahum 1:7
The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts