Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im living in the city and work on my survival kit. How do you city people store your stuff? I bought some Walmart Platic Countainers, but they are crap.

Does anybody know a good source for light-weight, sturdy, stackable boxes which makes it easy to move stuff?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Storage

Hi Ben, I'm a Newbie too. I got some food grade rectangular buckets from my local 31 Flavors ice cream store for free (they had cake frosting in them). I hear donut shops also have food grade buckets for free or cheap. I'm trying to find a cheap local source of large water containers right now.
I'm sure some "old timers" will have lots of good input.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i just use the rubbermaid totes one can pick up at target for less than $10 apiece.they are stackable and some are clear so one can see whats inside.
but for my most valuable stuff,mainly gun and survival and outdoor gear,i use the rubbermaid action totes which are sturdier and can be locked.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
For small free boxes, the US post office. They have bulk rate boxes for free. You don't have to pay for them until you send something out in the mail. Grab a bunch.....

·
Registered
628 Posts
For small free boxes, the US post office. They have bulk rate boxes for free. You don't have to pay for them until you send something out in the mail. Grab a bunch.....
Good idea! And better yet, you can have mailing supplies delivered to your home for free!

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
For odds and ends, use milk crates. they are stackable. i had 4 that i stacked my 1lb gas cylinders in, before i got a fireproof cabinet they were throwing away at work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts