Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Insert Clever Phrase Here
526 Posts
While I can't give a review or comparison, you can get that book for free to download. Save you some $$$ at least, instead of giving it to Amazon.

·
Avoidance & Deterrence
2,832 Posts
I was having a similar discussion today with a friend and I was giving him some first aid advice for his dog, if the animal gets cut and has a big gash first flush out the wound with sterile saline and use "Hystoacril blue" (sp?) which is a veterinary super glue which replaces stitches and slather on bactericidal ointment. That might be just as good advice for a human in an emergency. If that book also gives such advice it might be worth having.

So where can I download the book?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Wish i had known we could have gotten it for free. We purchased both Where there is no Doctor, and Where there is no Dentist for our preps. We're hoping these 2 books are enough to get by.... Have no other comparison for you either, sorry!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I bought the same book. I wanted it mostly for the different applications of antoboitics information but it has so much more good stuff.

·
Homesteader / Workershare
1,660 Posts
Wish i had known we could have gotten it for free. We purchased both Where there is no Doctor, and Where there is no Dentist for our preps. We're hoping these 2 books are enough to get by.... Have no other comparison for you either, sorry!
I got the book even though I knew about the free one. Hard copies are still an excellent prep.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
This is the greatest book out there. PDF is great unless youre 'Where there is no computer'
Good point. I bought the book last year and it could be the most important survival book I have. It's not as entertaining as the "cannibal hunting" novels, but far more practical.

·
Got to keep on keepin on
1,648 Posts
This is the greatest book out there. PDF is great unless youre 'Where there is no computer'
Jmtc, it's not THE most authoritative medical handbook out there
BUT
It presents it's info in a method that's easy for those with very little/zero "medical background" to utilize.

WTIND (and "Dentist") have been in my library for years and I wouldn't give up my hard copy easily.
Definitely download it, but don't ignore putting it on a flash drive & CD & print it out as well.
Knowledge is golden. :thumb: "Lucifer's Hammer" regards!

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts