Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
no ithink if people start banding togather the gov will come in like waco and at lease acuse them of some shyt.so they dont try anything. they dont want to lose there gear

·
Registered
233 Posts
do you trust everyone you "meet" on the internet? i do not. you could be a good guy or ATF. i am with people i know locally, that way i can get some background on them and find out if they are trustworthy or not. little test ,so to speak. if they will screw you on small stuff imagine what they will do when SHTF. people that i meet do not know what i have and i keep it that way, unless thay are part of the program.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I thought maybe the survivalistboards would be helpful in finding groups that really want to survive and maybe band together. I am now thinking it's just talk or everybody for themselves.
People meet here. They exchange information here. They teach and learn here. They establish relationships here. And some of them choose to band together.

Only an idiot would hook up with a newbie, or for that matter, anyone they do not really know, and invite them into a group who's soul mission is to ensure survival of self and family.

We are definitely not Facebook.

·
born to hold out
164 Posts
My friend you cant possibly think that you can log on to this sight, talk about long term food storage, and expect to be allowed into a MAG. It just doesnt work that way. First you have to consider what you are dealing with here. The continued survival of an individual and/or family unit. I can understand your wanting to hook up with like minded people and start a group, it only makes sense. you have to consider this though, serious survivalist/preppers, will be more than happy to lend all the information you can process, but to be allowed into the core group takes trust, and you have to earn it. Think about it what if the group had children, and they invite an individual to join, he or she has skills that will greatly benifit the group and then they find out the person is a pervert. Well the group has just lost alot of skill as well as drawn attention to itself. Then you have to consider the fact that some people on here are going to try to go it alone with no type of a group so that option is out. Id suggest, if you havent already done so, start a thread for a group to form in your area see where that goes, maybe start talking with folks in your area. You might have some luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
as stated numerous times allready, the exchange of knowledge here is paramount to survival situations. everyones opinion counts. start with like minded people in your area, you family then your friends and their friends, till you have the group you want. make sure everyone has some gear and a little knowledge about survival, that way the group as a whole can function together instead of apart.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a very slow process I've met people in my area for the last 6 months. Any other ideas on strategies?

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
I kind of felt the same way. Let me explain.

When I came here, I was excited. At first it was really awesome. I posted some vids and really opened myself up.

Then I got bashed really hard. Guys started making fun of me, my video, my apearance, and really flamed me. Latter they apologized and we were cool, but the damage was done. You see, You can recognize a mistake, but it doesn't change the fact that it happened. That is what is wrong with kids today, they think "sorry" fixes it. It doesn't.

The problem here is that people don't have respect. I have said many times "I respectfully disagree". Then you have the same jerks blast you with anti religion, or politics and you get sick and tiered of hearing them rant that you find yourself blasting back.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they are for themselves. I my friend am not. I plan on providing for my family, friends and even a few guests in the SHTF situation. So with that in mind, I need to prepare for them also. If you are ever in question to a persons motives here, just look up the responses to sharing, or community post Apocalypse. Some of your forum brothers, are best to shoot in the face on site.

I hope you realize I am not one of them. =-)

·
armchair commando
1,184 Posts
Give it some time, I too just swallowed the "red pill" and opened my eyes. I already found a few people here in my area, 2 being in the GA militia which I'm a little hesitant to include in my circle, but do go out and practice some things together, and funny as it is, my singer of a rock cover band I'm in and have played with for over a yr, is TOTALLY into it. I noticed because he had some MRE's and some other tale-tale signs...lol we live within a mile of each other ad have talked about banding. And to add icing on the cake, our drummer is a gunny srg. of 15 yrs, and even though he's been out for a few yrs, is still gung ho.
Just start off conversations with folks....especially at camping areas, outdoor stores, look for "tale-tale" signs....look at what kind of boots they have on, are they into paint ball...I know that sounds odd, but all the guys I mentioned play paint ball, and you can tell they are into the survival thing from the gear they wear playing the game. Full on camo...etc..

·
Registered
28 Posts
i dont know about you guys, but theres only one or two people i would trust being in the middle of nowhere with. if its somebody i dont know they could just kill me, take my stuff, and be on their way.

which is why if i met somebody in the wilderness during a SHTF situation I would never partner up with them

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have contacted in one way or the other,every person I have found within 50 miles. Some more than others. Just because you dont see it, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
So what would be your suggestion since time is short and I just woke up 6 months ago?
Learn.
Demonstrate you are competent to take care of yourself. Show your are a person of honor and integrity. Make friends and build a network the old fashioned way.

Until then, you are on your own unless you have family or friends who already know you well.

People don't add you to their group because they need "one more". They add you because they believe you to be trustworthy and dependable in a crisis and because you bring certain skills which would benefit the entire group.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Learn.
Demonstrate you are competent to take care of yourself. Show your are a person of honor and integrity. Make friends and build a network the old fashioned way.

Until then, you are on your own unless you have family or friends who already know you well.

People don't add you to their group because they need "one more". They add you because they believe you to be trustworthy and dependable in a crisis and because you bring certain skills which would benefit the entire group.
Well said.

·
Home...where the horse is
186 Posts
Being new here, I'll just state that for me and mine, we'll "buddy up" with folks we live next to and do as we've been doing out in these parts for my 50 years...looking out for each other and helping upon request. We're all armed, self-sufficient and independently competent.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
I think you've done your fair share of disrepecting. ;)
lol yes, true. I did say that it was due to the constant and repeating garbage from the same two guys. The "Jesus and President Bush are why I am fat, bald, poor, and the world is in trouble" guys. Gets old.

On the other hand, for the new people, we could stand to be a little more respectful. These guys need our help. They shouldn't have to prove themselves. Just who the hell are we to judge them? For all we know, they are better equiped then ourselves both physically, and financially.

At any rate, if you are 100% perfect on survivability, and you know everything there is to know, then why are you here? This is a place for everyone of us to come TOGETHER and learn. No body here knows everything. So you are no better then the guy with 3 bottles of water and a can of pasta.

Guys listen, this shouldn't be a bloody popularity contest. No one owes you or me anything. Survivalist isn't about getting to a point of experience and preparation, its about a life style. Its about living day to day in an uncertain world. You are never 100% ready for the unknown. You can only be the best that you can be, and strive to be better. So he doesn't have to earn a damn thing.

So I say welcome brother, to the forums. Learn, listen, share.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Regarding CrutchCoR - I don't agree with ALL of his opinions, but I think he is respectful to others and brings value to the forum. He's good people IMO and I am not a religious person....

Now back on topic, I would be scared to meet some of you people in "real life" LOL.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts