Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,
In the near future I'd like to get a handgun (ccw) and I could really use some suggestions as to how the heck to carry this.

I don't really want to carry in a 'bag' if I don't have to.

I have no clue :confused:.... any ideas?

Perkolady

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Well, I'm not one of "the girls" but my wifey is ... does that count? :)

FWIW - she routinely carries in one of the "carry purses" that has the zippered compartment on the back side (the side against her body). In some ways, I am jealous of her ability to do this, because she can covertly have her weapon in a firing position while at the same time remain concealed. If worse came to worse, she could pull the trigger while the weapon was still in the pocket. Obviously, this would blow a hole in the end of the pocket, but the threat would be stopped!

On a couple of questionable occasions, while we were together and both carrying, she has had her weapon in-hand, inside the pocket, with a sexy little wink and a "got it covered" whisper ... gotta love it. ;-)

longman

·
Learning more each day
253 Posts
Ladies have it made...

My wife carries her S&W .38 everywhere in her purse, she has many times carried it in places that it is banned but never gets stopped. When we are together I never worry as long as she has her purse we are covered...

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
It really depends on your style of dress.
If you are wearing tight fitting clothes, a purse or leg holster is about the only thing that will work.
If your wear a loose fitting blouse, you can holster it in your waist band.
There are also "wallet holsters" which can be used in a front pocket for a woman though it's designed more or a back pocket carry for men. I've comfortably carried a .32 that way. The holster is small and pretty much just conceals the outline of the pistol.
Avoid wearing it in the small of your back. Some men think nothing of opening a door for you and placing a hand on your back to usher you through.
I'm not a fan of the purse carry. That's the very thing they will be snatching.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
I really like shoulder rigs, cross draw style. Easly consealed under a buton up shirt or jacket and takes the weight of your belt.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the ideas. :)

As much as I would likely prefer to carry in a purse, I'd be concerned about that being snatched.

I'll look into wallet and waist holsters.

Appreciate it!
Perkolady

·
Registered
679 Posts
Depends on the firearm also.

I don't do a bag or purse - no way.

I carry my .45 everywhere, usually with a vest and down the back of my pants in all honesty.

I have a shoulder (under the arm) and that's nice, but it's weighty. I don't get the "bump the boob" effect, but I do kind-of feel like one of those cocky guys who walks around with his muscles "pumped up" because my arm doesn't rest against my body.

Once you get used to the lopsidedness, you will get comfortable with it. So much so, imo, that I feel lopsided without it!

In the end there really is no concealing this thing anywhere on my body. :D:

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Hi girls,
In the near future I'd like to get a handgun (ccw) and I could really use some suggestions as to how the heck to carry this.

I don't really want to carry in a 'bag' if I don't have to.

I have no clue :confused:.... any ideas?

Perkolady
Occasionally my wife will carry her Kel-Tec .380 in her bra (more or less under her weak-side arm pit using the gun's belt-clip option.) Whether or not this will work for you depends somewhat on your physical attributes (larger is better to hide the piece), how tight/revealing your blouse is and the weight of the gun you choose to carry (lighter is better.) I've known women who are in skirts most of the time carry in a thigh holster suspended from a garter-belt. Those in pant's suits can and do carry in an ankle holster.

Check out this sight for some other ideas < http://www.corneredcat.com/ >

Allan

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
the purse is a bad idea, if I snatch your purse, now I have your gun too....

·
Mourning Wolf
248 Posts
I've recently obtained a .45 colt defender compact SS (I got it by trading an old PS 2 I no longer used with a friend)

Lately I've been carrying it in a fanny pack holster.

http://www.code3-eee.com/images/Products/812-RomaLeathers/812-7070T.jpg

So far I've found it to be inconspicuous and easily accessible without getting in the way of normal daily activities.

There's multiple models that vary from the feminine to masculine, most of them retailing well under $50 and are worth exploring.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I've recently obtained a .45 colt defender compact SS (I got it by trading an old PS 2 I no longer used with a friend)

Lately I've been carrying it in a fanny pack holster.

http://www.code3-eee.com/images/Products/812-RomaLeathers/812-7070T.jpg

So far I've found it to be inconspicuous and easily accessible without getting in the way of normal daily activities.

There's multiple models that vary from the feminine to masculine, most of them retailing well under $50 and are worth exploring.
I have carried weapons this way, before.

It is a good option.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the great ideas and websites to check out. Thankfully,I found a source for some holsters that I can go to actually check out in person :)

Gonna go Monday and see what they'd be like. It's a start...

Thanks again!
Perkolady

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I never could get used to something big and clunky banging on the side of my boob.

I know I'm gonna regret writing that.:D:
Oh GREAT! Now I'm thinking about Maurepas' boob. I'm sure it's a nice boob, but now I will forever associate cross-draw with a boob I read about on the interwebs.;)

HippieSurvivalist

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I am not blessed with two XX chromosomes, but I will say that back of the waist, tucked into the pants is my favoroite way of carrying. You won't have to worry about purse or fanny-pack snatching, and usually a jacket or shirt covers the bulge nicely. Nor will you have to worry about bothering your, or Maurepas', boob on the cross draw.

Hey Lady F--what exacly is the usefulness of the NAA .22? I can see it as potentially intimidating an attacker, if you were to show it before the attack started, but in terms of actual stopping power the .22 might be highly in-effective. You're not one to be prone to a false sense of security, I'm sure, but what exactly do you see the benefit of that piece as?

Hippie.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Hey Lady F--what exacly is the usefulness of the NAA .22? I can see it as potentially intimidating an attacker, if you were to show it before the attack started, but in terms of actual stopping power the .22 might be highly in-effective. You're not one to be prone to a false sense of security, I'm sure, but what exactly do you see the benefit of that piece as?

Hippie.
Hi Hippie! :)

It is good to see you.

It is a mistake to underestimate the power of a .22 magnum round, IMHO.

I myself would be going for a head shot, but it will tear a body up.

The North American Arms Black Widow [what I own and carry]:

http://www.naaminis.com/bwmm.html

1 - 20 of 27 Posts