• It is worse than what they tell us.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Don't know?

Votes: 2 1.8%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,736 Posts
Houston is at ICU capacity. Hospitals which normally would not take Coronavirus patients are having to accept overflow, such as MD Anderson cancer hospital. Houston hospitals are reporting they ran out of drugs to treat Coronavirus.

This is what we were warned about.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Houston is at ICU capacity. Hospitals which normally would not take Coronavirus patients are having to accept overflow, such as MD Anderson cancer hospital. Houston hospitals are reporting they ran out of drugs to treat Coronavirus.

This is what we were warned about.
This is a FACT. A former student of my wife is a nurse in Houston and has expressed to my wife exactly how bad it is down there.

However, what I think we’re seeing is the result of a culture/lifestyle of self abuse (over eating, poor eating habits, drug/alcohol use/abuse) taking its toll on the population. From my understanding, the folks suffering the most are the ones with underlying health issues from self abuses.

Do I think this is the real deal? Heck yes, but I think the government and the media have blown the mess way out of proportion.
I also think the government is using this as a test run to see how far they can push the American public before they push back. Sadly, from what I’m seeing, I think we’re largely a country of sheeple, and the government can pretty much get away with anything.

·
Forum Administrator
16,736 Posts
This is a FACT. A former student of my wife is a nurse in Houston and has expressed to my wife exactly how bad it is down there.
Now we need to watch the death rate of Houston as compared to the rest of the nation.

As for the opening post, I feel Coronavirus is a slow burn. Antibodies last for only a few months, and the virus continues to mutate.

·
I am interrogative, yes.
973 Posts
It's deadly for some populations and not dangerous for others. It's okay to acknowledge this, not sure why some are resistant to it.

I think the real discussion and conflict is in what obligation the latter has to the former, and whether the government should get involved in enforcing that obligation.

·
Possum Lover
15,536 Posts
Not everyone at risk is an obese smoker.

My husband is very disabled through no fault of his own (well, he works, if he hadn't been walking to work he wouldn't have been run over). He is at very high risk. He takes care of himself, does not smoke, not diabetic, a good weight.

I do what I can to keep him isolated, the only time we went out last week was to cash a check made out to him only. Then we came straight home.

I would appreciate a little consideration from the general public wearing PPE and handwashing.

·
Indefatigable
19,895 Posts
However, what I think we’re seeing is the result of a culture/lifestyle of self abuse (over eating, poor eating habits, drug/alcohol use/abuse) taking its toll on the population. From my understanding, the folks suffering the most are the ones with underlying health issues from self abuses.
How ironic that covid survivors now have pre-existing conditions. During the next pandemic, in which they will surely be harder hit, you can blame their "poor lifestyle choices" on NOT wearing a mask for this one.

·
Run Silent, Run Dark
884 Posts
We have been PPE'd since March. Sometimes the weak minded will be weeded out. However, I encourage everyone, especially demonazi's to do what they want.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
How ironic that covid survivors now have pre-existing conditions. During the next pandemic, in which they will surely be harder hit, you can blame their "poor lifestyle choices" on NOT wearing a mask for this one.
I guess I’m missing something here. How do you figure that survivors now have pre existing conditions?

BTW I own a house and land in OK, and I was up there last week and will be back next week. As far as I know, Oklahoma hasn’t issued any of the BS “edicts“ Adolf Abbott has in TX.

·
That'll be the day...
3,397 Posts
How one answers this poll... seriously depends upon who they are.

* Preexisting Conditions... Yep, it is serious and you better wear a mask and stay isolated.
* Over the age of 60.... Yep, it is serious and you better wear a mask and stay isolated.

Everyone else... it is real, but overblown.

This study really opened my eyes to how overblown this virus is.

https://time.com/5842669/coronavirus-asymptomatic-transmission/

81% were positive and asymptomatic.

I don't think there are 11.5 million with COVID on the planet.... I think there are closer to 100 million today.

·
Let the Debate begin
6,348 Posts
How one answers this poll... seriously depends upon who they are.

* Preexisting Conditions... Yep, it is serious and you better wear a mask and stay isolated.
* Over the age of 60.... Yep, it is serious and you better wear a mask and stay isolated.

Everyone else... it is real, but overblown.

This study really opened my eyes to how overblown this virus is.

https://time.com/5842669/coronavirus-asymptomatic-transmission/

81% were positive and asymptomatic.

I don't think there are 11.5 million with COVID on the planet.... I think there are closer to 100 million today.

I agree with most of that....except.

My Doctor is over the age of 60, he runs marathons and has a very
healthy immune system. Seniors like him should not isolate themselves.

In my opinion, many who isolate themselves are asking for trouble.
I want to be exposed to enough that I can fight off what ever virus
attacks me. I thank god my wife works indoors and sees her Grandchildren
every week because if made me stronger.

·
Grevcon 10
12,997 Posts
I agree with most of that....except.

My Doctor is over the age of 60, he runs marathons and has a very
healthy immune system. Seniors like him should not isolate themselves.

In my opinion, many who isolate themselves are asking for trouble.
I want to be exposed to enough that I can fight off what ever virus
attacks me. I thank god my wife works indoors and sees her Grandchildren
every week because if made me stronger.
Again... exposure to an adenovirus does not help you against a coronavirus. A staph infection does not protect you from COVID. So on and so forth. That's not how immune systems work.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Again... exposure to an adenovirus does not help you against a coronavirus. A staph infection does not protect you from COVID. So on and so forth. That's not how immune systems work.
Yup.

Further confounding is no one knows if/how long natural immunity lasts. Yet.

AND there may be folks with secondary complications/more severe second courses.

So, we’re just staying reasonable about doing our best not to get it.

·
Let the Debate begin
6,348 Posts
Then why do Children in public schools seem to have a much
greater resistance than Adults who are healthy?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts