Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I apply for one at the Chinese Embasay? i don't knwo of any gun shops here but I'm sure there are some. I thought about it back in the spring but it got put on the back burner, bad me, I know.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
??? are you chinese??? your question doesnt make any sense.do you mean where can you buy a gun? when you are buying a gun they run a background check on you ,there is no application that i have ever heard of for being able to get a weapon other than the FBI's back ground check which is done at the time of purchase. places to buy one gun shops, pawn shops,sporting goods stores, newspaper. if you buy from a private person no check is made :thumb:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I don't know what the gun laws are like in Maryland. However, you can certainly come over to West Virginia, go to any gun shop, and get one pretty easily. And I agree, I can't really make sense of your question. Why go to the Chinese embassy?

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Are you saying that you are a foreign national and not a US citizen and you're not sure what the policies are on gun ownership for foreign nationals residing in the US?

Cuz- for Americans- we just go down to a gun shop, gun show or check listings in the paper and go buy one.... LOL ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You dumbasses lol the Chinese Embasy is also known as WALMART! I heard that first on these boards a few months back.

I haven't laughed this hard online in awhile thanks for all of the responses and the info as well.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I dont think WalMart is the best place to buy. Check on sales in your sunday paper. Look for gun dealers who have been around for years. What kind of gun do you want? If it is a rifle then WalMart could be okay. Unless you have a CHL you will need to fill out a Brady form and wait for an okay. Even with the CHL you will have to fill out the form but there should be no wait.

Let us know what kind of gun you are looking for and for what purpose.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure what kind really. I need to go back and see what was recomended to me before. I have a 21 month old son so I have some safety concerns. I only want to use one shot if I need it so it needs to be comfortable and reliable. I'm a quick study and don't think I'll have any problems learning but I don't want complicated.

What is a CHL?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don'thca know better than to poke fun at a bunch of gun tote'n survival nuts.We may be a little slow in the head ,but we're fast on the draw.
Not poking fun. I've been away from the board this summer...prepping. I really thought for sure that the Chinese Embasay thing would be world wide for walmart by now. Another I heard here was I'madinnerjacket for the Iranian nut.

·
fallschirmjäger
78 Posts
go to the nearest police station and ask there :) do it for our safety :)

my grandpa used to say, that if you can't find a way to do/achieve/... something, it means that you really don't want to do/achieve/... it!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
go to the nearest police station and ask there :) do it for our safety :)

my grandpa used to say, that if you can't find a way to do/achieve/... something, it means that you really don't want to do/achieve/... it!
This was uncool. A lot of people new to prepardness come here for advise and guidance. Sorry if you didn't see any humor in all of the above. Your loss buddy, not mine.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Not sure what kind really. I need to go back and see what was recomended to me before. I have a 21 month old son so I have some safety concerns. I only want to use one shot if I need it so it needs to be comfortable and reliable. I'm a quick study and don't think I'll have any problems learning but I don't want complicated.

What is a CHL?
CHL is a Concealed Handgun License. Please don't take offense when we ask questions. It helps to understand where you are coming from. things like how much money do you want to spend, what caliber gun, rifle, shotgun, handgun, revolver, auto. You will find most of the folks here more than willing to go over board to help you. Hang with us. we are trying to help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts