Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont Really Know Ive Always Liked The Cooey Shotguns But Since They Are Not Made Anymore I Cant Find One Anywhere. Do You Know Where I Can Find One In Canada?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Cooey went out of business in the late 1970s, I believe or it might have been early 1980s...You might see one advertised in the want ads or for sale at a gun store but they are very few and far between...

Lots of them are still being used as a beat the bush hard gun...

You're talking about the single shot, exposed hammer gun? If you are, then just buy an old, 1960s Winchester model because that's all that Cooeys were, licensed copies of Winchester patents under a different name...

I know first hand that you could switch out parts with their bolt action single shot and tube fed repeater .22s rifle, as I did it and worked fine...

They were, at best, a working gun...sturdy, reliable, dependable, cheap to buy and was sold in the Hudson's Bay Company trading posts in the North so there are probably more of them in Indian/Inuit Reserves then anywhere else and they're still using them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got one Cooey!

I realise it's 1 year after the last answer, but maybe it's our lucky day...
I have one Cooey 840 and I'd be happy to sell it to you. Works great but I don't use it, so I figure it belongs with someone who'll play with it, uh?
So, you're interested?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts