Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a few 55 gallon barrels that had pickles in them before. I am now facing a new problem of where can I buy 55 gallon mylar bags. I only need to purchase a few of them so please don't suggest a site that makes you do a minimum buy of 10. If you can put up a link to the website I will be very grateful.

Also if anyone ask I spent an hour on google looking already and I did do a search on this site but all I got was hundreds of threads on 5 gallon mylar bags.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Eagal, I think you could make your ow pretty easy with a couple cheapy emergency space blankets ironed together?????? I have never done it but should work no problem. Anybody agree?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Unless you want to store multiple bags in it, I guess I don't know why you would want just one huge bag? If you are storing the same item, I would break it up into multiple bags so if you need some, grab one smaller bag and not expose the entire batch. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Mylar Bags Aren't Just Mylar

Eagal, I think you could make your ow pretty easy with a couple cheapy emergency space blankets ironed together?????? I have never done it but should work no problem. Anybody agree?

the sheeting used for mylar bags is a composite of several materials ..... the mylar used for the cheapie blankets and balloons is not at all the same .... how long does your mylar balloon stay inflated? .... just shows how permable that type of mylar is .....

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Kootenay Self Reliance and Briden Solutions sell the 30 in X 51 in bags for $10.25 ea + shipping .....

buy plenty of the large 2000CC 02 absorbers ..... takes 20,000CC to do a 55 gallon drum of grain ......

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,497 Posts
Space blankets are not the same thing. And they're too thin anyway. Even if they were, they're not designed to be food safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts