Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have pre-designated an executor for my estate who is an FFL and has a list of my firearms and preps and what gets distributed to who. The best survival gear and equipment will be donated to the sheriff's posse and SAR unit for repurposing or auction to support the department or unit, at their discretion.

Food storage and utensils will go to the Mountaineer Food Bank to support community pantry and food kitchen for meals on wheels and free food distribution to the needy in my county. I currently volunteer with these groups and want my efforts to have positive effect after I'm gone.

I would urge others to do likewise if able.
This is dependent on the community where I live when I expect to be til the end. You probably have an upstanding Sheriff, so it's worthwhile, although the larger the population in their jurisdiction, the more likely they are to be stained by politics.

I would never donate anything to a big city PD where some corrupt Democrat (i.e. Marxist) Mayor or Sock Puppet Police Chief or tainted Sheriff would gobble up my donation like any other prize. Many of these have proven they will simply follow orders. Even Marxist orders.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If I go first wife knows what to do. If by some freek twist the kids know and are trained to do what is needed, split up the arms and ammo and relocate the food stocks as fast as possible. NO ONE,,NO ONE, eles has been promised or owns a damm thing. Not friend nor FAMILY. " NO ONE"

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If I go first wife knows what to do. If by some freek twist the kids know and are trained to do what is needed, split up the arms and ammo and relocate the food stocks as fast as possible. NO ONE,,NO ONE, eles has been promised or owns a damm thing. Not friend nor FAMILY. " NO ONE"
Bounder, Definitely work up a will and have trusted person to handle after you vacate planet. There are basic forms books for wills -unless complicated matters involved.

Ref "NO ONE"; Your local authorities - whoever took your bod from eg your home to hospital - gets a first claim so they can be paid for their service. Again: "trusted person".

Prevent BIG headaches for trusted person and family.

I am familiar with all this and witnessed padded hospital bills for med services not rendered.

·
Adventurer
1,381 Posts
I have 5 children…… I imagine they will squabble it out…..

but I’m only 44, so I’d be super disappointed if I died this young…..

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

And that's why a will is important enough to start the scribbling and finishing up touches.

No one knows when one is vacating planet.

Keep the kids from squabbling it out. They'll hate each other and the county and legal beagles get it all anyway.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Great ideas. I have a POA, a DNR, a guardian ad litem designated. Our executor is out oldest son but I do need to update my will. My wife wants thr assets but not the gear or my hobby related stuff, but I will make sure to take care of that too. Looking into s corps, not for profits, ect for the MAG so my gear can be a designated donation upon death. Or, maybe a donation before death. Probably easier. Eh.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts