Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear, my wife is going to be the death of me. All this crap with her job being eliminated, my business going under, etc. and she STILL won't agree to move out of NY.

On Monday, I'm going to finalize my contract with a trucking company and start driving over the road. It's the only way I can make enough money right now to pay the bills. The thing that really pisses me off is that she'd rather I only see my kids once every two weeks than leave her aunt and sister behind in this $hit hole of a state.

I truly wonder how she'd handle ANY kind of bug in/bug out event. I'd end up getting killed because she'd want to stop for coffee in the middle of a riot!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Hey bro, fellow trucker, look into Conway freight for non OTR driving. I made 60k my first year with them, and they paid in full for my CDL training (which you have) they offer full benefits etc. Real good company to get into better with, and they pay well :)

If you need more info, let me know and I can get you into contact with the RM in your area. It is 120% better than OTR. PM conversation might be a good idea unless anyone else wants to drive short haul and city?

Tell her the car is packed and the passenger seat is still open, other wise she can have the house, the bills, and the dog :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dang dude, I feel for ya:xeye:.

I guess I'm lucky in that being single does have its advantages
I agree with myself most days.:rolleyes:
I think you need to pause on the preps long enough to go to a shrink dude. I always agree with myself . No you don't! Yes I do! no you don't quite lying! I think it's catching. :D:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm lucky the wifes good with prepps just some issues with shooting a person if the need arises. She's willing to learn to shoot. My eldest does and my middle wants to the youngest is five and I have to keep them away from my guns she wants her own already. Other then that it's the work load issues I'll be staying home because we want animals and she can't kill anything. (I'll change her) and I am starting to think I'll be stuck doing all the work as we prep. Aww, well I know she wouldn't stop in a riot to grab a coffee unless it was in her travel mug already. Have you tried explaining to her how important it is to you to see your children and how you need to be there as a father for them. Try the maternal nerve see if that works.
Other then that use may I suggest Chloroform and have her wake up in a new state course that'll most likely backfire on you if it doesn't I don't want to know. :D:

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
My wife refuses to shoot. I have tried different methods to coax her but not happening. She claims to have married me because I can/will and she has no need to. I have seen her get up at 4:30 AM and prepare a feed for 16 people though. She has her place and I have mine in the scheme of things. I have 2 daughters that will shoot anything they can get their hands on though and they will be close by her if SHTF. The wife can attend to everyday chores and be as useful in other ways.

·
Registered
577 Posts
My first 2 wives were a lot like yours. But #3 is a charm and has been for the past ten years! There is always hope if you are willing to move on, you will still get to see your kids every other weekend. Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts