Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Padre in the woods
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sort of an interesting story. Interesting as it parallels some of what my grandmother told me as a child, when she related trying to tell our family in 1930s Germany to get out. Although they were not Jewish, anyone who "assisted" the Jews was often arrested. This short story brought back memories of what she said, and how German-Americans felt.

For me, it also opens the question in events today; when will you know it's time to leave? How long would it be before you pack up and go? How many would take the proverbial stand?

Article from B.B.C., OpedNews, and other sources.

"The tip-off from a Nazi"

·
Padre in the woods
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be interesting to test the theory of taking a stand. I think in my corner of the town, most would roll over versus fight. So for me it become flight or flight.

·
Bug-In Prepper
1,281 Posts
I'm not planning on going anywhere, but if it ever comes to that, there are a few countries I'd be willing to go. Their laws might be less permissive than USA's, but that doesn't matter much because they don't (or can't) enforce them outside of their largest cities -- Indonesia, Argentina, Lebanon, Ukraine. I also hear the Czech Republic is nice, but their law enforcement is less lax.

To even contemplate leaving, I'd need to be unable to pursue my interests here, and/or be threatened by something I could not fight. Seems unlikely.

·
Just trying to learn
173 Posts
Same here, where would I go? We're hiking distance from Canada, but I don't think that much of an improvement. The exception would be some sort of local disaster - otherwise we are staying put.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
As much as I want to say I'd stand and fight the this country, I think it's already lost. I still don't think I'd leave, because this is what/where I know.

My plan is to adopt the liberals' strategy: change over generations. I plan to have kids and raise them as real Americans here in the USSA, and to raise their kids as the same, and so on until they and other true Americans reach a critical mass and coopt the power structure.

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,211 Posts
GET something in the 40-45 foot class
Head into the Inside Passage among the thousands of islands and fjords
Inside passage Alaska and Canada, survivable climate, far removed from PEOPLE and unlike areas where people can actually get to, ocean for fishing and remote areas for food and fuel. Build a shelter on land or stay on the boat.

IS it secure, probably not. But anyone with bad intent would have to find you first.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
As much as I want to say I'd stand and fight the this country, I think it's already lost. I still don't think I'd leave, because this is what/where I know.

My plan is to adopt the liberals' strategy: change over generations. I plan to have kids and raise them as real Americans here in the USSA, and to raise their kids as the same, and so on until they and other true Americans reach a critical mass and coopt the power structure.
Yup. It's too far gone now. It's up to the next generations to change things.

God Bless them.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Where on earth would you go ?????
Out of the frying pan and into the fire
We may suck to whatever degree, but we suck the least
In other words, this is the best nation on earth
You're right. When I was a young man, I thought there were a couple other places I'd rather live. I met a girl from one of those places and almost left.

I'm glad I never moved. They definitely ended up sucking worse than we do.

976 Posts
It's time to leave when there is nothing forcing you to stay.

Will be leaving CA in about a month and I couldn't be more excited to be back in America.
I left California in 2018. The job I was at dried up as Brown was in his final months of office, and my family was receiving credible threats because of what I had been doing. And while I miss my family and old stomping grounds, Montana isnt too far away for the occasional visit.

·
Indefatigable
20,623 Posts
You made my ancestors walk to this hell hole, I'm not leaving again. But I am looking forward to even MORE of OK being given back to the tribes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
[QUOTE="In other words, this is the best nation on earth
[/QUOTE]
A more accurate description might be “the least horrible nation on earth” and admittedly, that bar has been set VERY low.

This reminds me of Ben Franklin’s famous quote “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the rest”

·
Registered
35 Posts
My time to leave should have been before I was born. I had the bad luck of being born in the People’s Republic of Commiefornia. Admittedly, it’s geographically beautiful,and it’s incredibly easy to get liquor. Other than that, everything sucks. But I have set myself on a path to escape. Hopefully in about a year, I’ll be relocating to the great state of Montana, maybe you’ll all be seeing me alter my screen name (or maybe I should keep it for nostalgia)

·
Banned
9,921 Posts
[QUOTE="In other words, this is the best nation on earth
A more accurate description might be “the least horrible nation on earth” and admittedly, that bar has been set VERY low.

This reminds me of Ben Franklin’s famous quote “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the rest”
[/QUOTE]

The 'nation' is far from the least worse.

Luckily, its one of the weakest and most disorganized so the place where you live in it can be the least worse, even if it happens to be in the US. If I had to live in a nation, instead of a state, it wouldn't be the US.

They don't call it the last best place for nothing.

I don't blame californians for wanting to come here in the least. Of course you want to come here. But your also destroying it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts