Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://goldsilver.com/video/rob-kir...GoldSilver Email Marketing&utm_term=read more

Rob Kirby predicts that when the West can't supply the demand for gold coming from China, war may ensue and that's when we see financial collapse (didn't specify the degree).

What are your thoughts on this? Seemed pretty logical to me, but he didn't speculate on a date, so if anyone has heard any news on struggling gold supplies, please add your links and comments!

ETA: Ignore my bad grammar in the title... its not it's ... phone autocorrected me and I didn't catch it.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Just another Whackjob.

Here is what that link says:

"Rob Kirby of KirbyAnalyitics.com claims the U.S. "arbitrarily set the price of all strategic goods in the market." As an example of control, Kirby explains, "We have 10-year U.S. bond rates under 3%, and I would say the United States is actually insolvent, and we have countries like Greece where 10-year bonds are yielding over 9%." When does this end? Kirby points to look to the finite physical gold market and massive Chinese global buying for a clue. Kirby says, "When China doesn't get their gold, that's when this ends, and that might be when we have a war."

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Not complete whack job. There will come a day when the little shell game is over. China continues to buy physical gold, and wants delivery of it. None of the well you buy it and we send you a picture of it sitting in our vault, even tho we have already promised it to 10 other people. There is only so much actual gold for sale, even now the demand far outstrips the supply, which should drive the price up but doesn't.

As the real gold available slows to a trickle and still the price is rock bottom due to paper gold, China will know that hey they have bled the west dry, its unlikely they will simply let the banks and govt here continue to rig the price. It would be real easy for them to simply bid higher for what little there is available. Yea the west could try and crush the price down, but lets see the COMEX says its $900 an ounce for gold you cant actually touch or see, while the Chinese are paying $1200 for real gold. How long is that disparity gonna last.

JP Morgan would be faced with a choice. They could think long term, keeping their house of cards going a little longer, hold onto what ever physical they have. Or...go for the cash and sell to the chinese to make a quick buck. Its a bank, of course they will sell out and end their own game at the same time. But who cares bonuses all around in monopoly money.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I agree with rriley. A whackjob.

If China wants physical gold, they can pay for it. But at some point, it is a finite resource and there is not enough for infinite purchases. Are they going to go to war to steal it from every other country? Only if they have a death sentence. No rational country is going to try and invade the US.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No rational country is going to try and invade the US.
Why not? No one likes us.

http://electronicintifada.net/content/israel-iran-us-least-liked-countries/6793

If someone owed me a large sum of money, I'd be sure to get it... we can hope for diplomacy at first, but when push comes to shove, it's either we default or they come after us... it's what any debt collector does.. why would countries be any different?

The speaker in the video didn't rashly say war was guaranteed, he just said it is likely and/or plausible.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
12,491 Posts
Sorry I just grabbed the first one, there are several.

http://mondoweiss.net/2013/06/committee-complains-delegitimization.html

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146090/iran-north-korea-americans-least-favorite-countries.aspx

The list goes on and on, just do a quick internet search.
I did. This one from pew is really extensive and shows a generally positive attitude toward the US.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/07/18/chapter-1-attitudes-toward-the-united-states/

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
One word: EMP

And this shows that they are 3rd strongest as far as firepower/military goes... so I don't see much of an issue is starting another ColdWar-like scenario.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...erica&country2=China&Submit=Compare+Countries

And then there's this:
http://rt.com/news/us-biggest-threat-peace-079/
"US Biggest Threat to World Peace - 2013"
Sure, they will just launch a nuke at us at high altitude and cause an EMP which is probably overrated in the damage it will cause. Of course that will also mean china will glow at night for the next 1000 years and probably some of their neighbors too as we nuke their population to zero.

Sorry, China is not that stupid.

·
Registered
11,069 Posts
Because we got more guns, planes, and boats then anybody.
Our civilian population is also the largest armed force in the world with over 80 million gun owners and 320 million guns. If just 10 % of our civilian force showed up it would still be the largest armed force in the world and we know the local terrain.

·
Registered
11,246 Posts
Well, being a worry-wort, since we haven't really built any new planes or ships for awhile (budget cuts & all that)... and the littoral ships have issues and aren't working out QUITE as planned...

I wonder how "state of the art" our armaments are, some days. Drones ain't gonna cut it, in some scenarios.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Well, being a worry-wort, since we haven't really built any new planes or ships for awhile (budget cuts & all that)... and the littoral ships have issues and aren't working out QUITE as planned...

I wonder how "state of the art" our armaments are, some days. Drones ain't gonna cut it, in some scenarios.
China has a sum total of 1 aircraft carrier that they bought at auction from Russia. The Russians didn't consider it new enough or good enough to be part of their navy. The Chinese in 2012 predicted it could take another 5 years before it is ready for them to use in a military situation.

Aircraft carriers, military jets, drones, etc. are the war of the future not soldiers with a small carbine assaulting the shores of a country thousands of miles away. When it comes to the high tech weapons that will define the next war, no one compares to the US.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Some might be surprised at how many of those drone comms can be disrupted by a high power spark gap transmitter in the event we were ever to enter an all out conflict. One thing I know is that determined people will find a way. History has countless examples of this happening during war, oppressive regimes or peace time.

People want to be left alone. They aren't looking to hate on America. They don't much care about us (as well they shouldn't) unless our government is bombing their schools or preventing them from feeding their kids or earning a living.

Hmm, on second thought, "unless our government is bombing their schools or preventing them from feeding their kids or earning a living" sounds a bit like I'm describing America. Weird.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Some might be surprised at how many of those drone comms can be disrupted by a high power spark gap transmitter in the event we were ever to enter an all out conflict. One thing I know is that determined people will find a way. History has countless examples of this happening during war, oppressive regimes or peace time.

People want to be left alone. They aren't looking to hate on America. They don't much care about us (as well they shouldn't) unless our government is bombing their schools or preventing them from feeding their kids or earning a living.

Hmm, on second thought, "unless our government is bombing their schools or preventing them from feeding their kids or earning a living" sounds a bit like I'm describing America. Weird.
America was hated by the Islamic extremists long before we ever went over there.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Sure, they will just launch a nuke at us at high altitude and cause an EMP which is probably overrated in the damage it will cause. Of course that will also mean china will glow at night for the next 1000 years and probably some of their neighbors too as we nuke their population to zero.

Sorry, China is not that stupid.
This entire post assumes many things that are unlikely in the extreme, and surely can't be proven. It's routinely taken as a given around here that we'll "turn that foreign hell-hole into a glass parking lot" if they start something. But this completely ignores the prevailing mindset of this administration (and probably every one since Truman).
I am absolutely convinced that a foreign power could "remove" a couple major coastal cities, and we would do absolutely NOTHING, for fear "of instigating things further". This is not mere speculation, as this mindset fully permeates the Left, and this is compounded by their irrational fear and hatred an anything "nucular".
To assume that Obammy would have the fortitude and patriotism to give the order to exterminate a couple hundred million people, REGARDLESS of the justification, exibits an almost unfathomable degree of naivete' and optimism.

America was hated by the Islamic extremists long before we ever went over there.
That one,on the other hand, I completely agree with :thumb:.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
This entire post assumes many things that are unlikely in the extreme, and surely can't be proven. It's routinely taken as a given around here that we'll "turn that foreign hell-hole into a glass parking lot" if they start something. But this completely ignores the prevailing mindset of this administration (and probably every one since Truman).
I am absolutely convinced that a foreign power could "remove" a couple major coastal cities, and we would do absolutely NOTHING, for fear "of instigating things further". This is not mere speculation, as this mindset fully permeates the Left, and this is compounded by their irrational fear and hatred an anything "nucular".
To assume that Obammy would have the fortitude and patriotism to give the order to exterminate a couple hundred million people, REGARDLESS of the justification, exibits an almost unfathomable degree of naivete' and optimism.

That one,on the other hand, I completely agree with :thumb:.
Based on 9/11, I don't see us doing nothing if we are attacked.

·
the "d" from ban[d]
16,517 Posts
Anyone who started hoarding gold since 2010 (I think I remember the charts correctly) is in a hole. Many central banks are having balance sheet problems because of this. I'm glad I did not follow this fools gold rush.

My silver US coin collection has appreciated. It seems some people have been making bars out of what they considered junk silver coins. I thought people knew enough not to melt coins with fair detail and good dates and mint marks.

I was wrong.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.