Survivalist Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1620 Posts

·
TEXAS!!!
7,261 Posts
Still looks familiar just can't place it.
She got beautiful eyes. I bet she can dress up like a million bucks..
There's just something about a gal who can handle herself as well or better then most men that makes them all the better in my mind.
Now if she could cook too. You both might need a stick to beat the boys back when she decides to start looking for her match.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I tried to teach her, but she was always more interested in how to kill things, clean and preserve them. However, she's as good as anyone sticking something on a stick and roasting it over a fire. Her dietary requirements are as simple (and disgusting) as mine. She has no problem eating road kill.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I tried to teach her, but she was always more interested in how to kill things, clean and preserve them. However, she's as good as anyone sticking something on a stick and roasting it over a fire. Her dietary requirements are as simple (and disgusting) as mine. She has no problem eating road kill.
She's a gonna make someone. One fine wife. Hard to find a gal that is happy with less then 5 star places. And even harder to find one that can gut and skin

·
Militant Normal
10,410 Posts
One advantage to black powder is we can build it ourselves. With a flintlock you will always have a gun. Maybe not the best in the world. But it will still do a job

Our forefathers made accurate flintlock rifles with nothing but blacksmithing tools and hand files.

I think the biggest problem in an EOTW situation now would be finding enough saltpeter to make the powder. It can be extracted from manure, but the infrastructure for getting a worthwhile quantity is daunting. Bat caves were major sources in colonial times, but those were all mined out by 1900.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Our forefathers made accurate flintlock rifles with nothing but blacksmithing tools and hand files.

I think the biggest problem in an EOTW situation now would be finding enough saltpeter to make the powder. It can be extracted from manure, but the infrastructure for getting a worthwhile quantity is daunting. Bat caves were major sources in colonial times, but those were all mined out by 1900.
Maybe we should start playing around and figure out our own recipe for it. Something that we can build in our own area

·
Is that all?
810 Posts
That's my choice too! I want to go through the process of getting a suppressor, and I wouldn't mind getting the finish dulled too. I work 5 days a week about 110 miles from my home. The only two guns I keep with me are the Backpacker, and my G20 with a few extra mags.

·
Registered
143 Posts
While not perfect. If I had to just pick one. It would be an AR-15 carbine (16" barrel) with a .22LR conversion kit available. Just for the sake of having a .223/5.56 and .22LR in the same platform. If I could afford it I would go all out and put a nice scope on it, light and maybe even get a suppressor for it (although I don't know how well a 5.56 suppressor would work with a .22LR cartridge).

·
Registered
116 Posts
At almost sixty-nine years of age, I know absolutes. There aren't any, outside of death, where you go, and how you got there. Keep that in mind, when trying to mold life into what YOU want...

All that being said, I remember someone saying, "The Lone Ranger, without Tonto, dies swiftly..." Truth. As no man, or woman, is an island, going it alone in a survival, PAW, scenario, has it's few pluses, and potentially more lethal challenges.

As far as a "Perfect survival rifle," one must judge demographics, terrain, weather, and many, many other possibilities. I suggest you read EVERYTHING by Jerry D. Young, and the late TOM (Tired Old Man) Gary B. Ott. You will learn much, enabling you to have better chances for survival...

I only have two rifles.

LWRC DI, 5.56X45 NATO, with Trijicon TA31-D-100581 ACOG

Falkor Defense Omega 6.5 Creedmoor, with Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C (MRAD) 34mm Tube

Near or far, I'm covered.

What about a shotgun?

That's why you don't try to go it alone, if at all possible.

All is in God's hands. I'll go when HE calls me, and not one second before...

Know what you have- use it, improve it (if possible), and maintain it. Like I used to tell students- It's not how much you know, but how well you use, what you know...

Good Luck, and God Speed...

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's a beautiful rifle.

Anyway, I'm content with my K31. Match grade service rifle with match grade quality surplus ammo designed for military use. What's not to like? Did I mention I like the K31 rifles?
I'm a little partial to Swiss rifles myself. I prefer the old long rifles to the K31 though.

Attachments

·
Wearing fur underwears...
2,501 Posts
I have a blank check. Find it and fill out your number lol
Not super rare and come up every once in a while for a good price. Probably the most common in that chambering would be an older Brno. Very good guns. I think the newer CZ labeled ones are mostly .308.

Valmet, and Sabatti also make (or made) what seems like a nice combo for a reasonable price, but I believe mostly metric chamberings. Nothing wrong with those, but some are nearly a reload only proposition.

Baikal and Tikka also made .308/12 gauge combos.

Happy hunting! For even more versatility, and being really stingy on powder you can get a 30-06 or .308 cartridge adapter to .32 ACP.

·
Wearing fur underwears...
2,501 Posts
Over and under 30-30/20 gauge

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Figured it was the 30-30 combo when I saw the colour case hardening. Most desirable combo in my opinion of the Savages. I wouldn't turn my nose up at the .357x20 combo either. Really either/or as the .357 really has a lot of energy out of a rifle, and having the same cartridge for a pistol is appealing also.

1561 - 1580 of 1620 Posts