Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is to probably get my family (Mom's side) together and try to go to my aunt's store, or to my Grandma's old house...

I figured since we got all of our survival goodies together, why not discuss a plan? Maybe plan to meet up with each other, or something...

sorry if its been posted already. :rolleyes:

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Mine is to probably get my family (Mom's side) together and try to go to my aunt's store, or to my Grandma's old house...

I figured since we got all of our survival goodies together, why not discuss a plan? Maybe plan to meet up with each other, or something...

my is to survive.. those of us that can make it will head to southern Idaho....After it has calmed down. I'm saying if it blows up either be where you need to be are wait for it to calm down a little.

·
What would Mal do
4,912 Posts
plan is varied depending upon scenario.

we have purchased a home 9 yrs ago that is sitting on over 12acres with pond, creek, well water and in ground pool, 4 acres in tall hardwoods, etc.
Our location is just far enough in the country out from a small town that is 30 miles from a small city.

Most of our adult kids and their families are close enough that the plan is for them to get to our place.
our home is large so there is plenty of spare bedrooms, bathrooms to make it comfy.

we have a good defensible setting and the tools for that.

Enough food and other preps to keep the wife and I for a year, the larger family for a lot less, but still take us for a couple months carefully.

if the disaster means we have to evac our home/area..then our plan includes a travel trailer that can take us to a number of locations anywhere from 80 miles to 400miles away...and includes a second home that I own outright.

more likely though, the economy and our traiterous govt will continue to eat me up one bite at a time and I will eventually become broke...and unable to make my mortgage payment and loose my home...my backup plan for that is that I have no mortgage on my other home so I know I at least have a smaller place to move to and only have to pay basic utils and the annual taxes.

worst case I have the 25ft travel trailer which is also paid for...so even if it's just that in the Walmart parking lot shuffle...then I'm not homeless.

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,956 Posts

If you use the word "probably" then you don't have a "master plan." :)

I think it's difficult to have such a plan because it must account for all kinds of scenarios, and my response will be different in different scenarios.

Further, you have to have some idea of the triggers that would cause you to implement your plan. Suppose "Dollar Crash" is one of those triggers. Well, how much of a crash? If the dollar index drops below 71, would that trigger it? How about a sudden drop to 60?

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Our homestead is paid for so we stay here. The kids know where to go.

We are pretty well stocked up, but you can never have too much. I am working more on permanent gardening/foraging on our woodland property.

IF, like in Russia, our utilities are on and off again during the collapse, we are set up and doing more prepping to alieviate that stress.

Learning to live with less and be comfortable, will help survivors emotionally when the shtf.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you use the word "probably" then you don't have a "master plan." :)

I think it's difficult to have such a plan because it must account for all kinds of scenarios, and my response will be different in different scenarios.

Further, you have to have some idea of the triggers that would cause you to implement your plan. Suppose "Dollar Crash" is one of those triggers. Well, how much of a crash? If the dollar index drops below 71, would that trigger it? How about a sudden drop to 60?
I say "probably" in the sense of it's not quite confirmed, but tomorrow I'm going on a trip with my aunt and am going to try to talk about it...

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
A couple of years ago I posted an article in this forum about how my long term survival plans were divided into different categories. Depending on what happened, my course of action would be such and such.

My family owns 25 acres in a very, very, very rural area. On this land I have been planting fruit trees, stockpiling food, ammo,,,, and other suppiles

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,495 Posts
I have several different plans depending on what happens. My primary plan is always to bug in if possible. But my previous house was far better set up for that than this one. It was the primary bug out location for the group. With a secondary bug out location in case it was required. Now that I'm in this house, the secondary bug out location is the primary and the group has been refining new plans ever since.

But the important part is to have those plans. Finalize them, practice them, etc.

·
DYSFUNCTIONAL VETERAN
207 Posts
Mine will be to post on this forum just before shtf and include my supply list, and exact location of Bol just incase there are any survivors. I will also have a bouncy castle for shelter.

·
Demon of the Midwest
4,978 Posts
Get to the BOL, live. If that doesn't happen my plan B is to get my hands on a boat and sail away to a Polynesian Island and find me a cute native girl to spend the Apocalypse with.

·
Banned
301 Posts

Your survival plan sounds an awful lot like my family reunion.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Head back home to Texas. We have a ranch with animals, crops, water(two rivers and multiple wells and ponds), house, etc. I just hope I can make it there in time...

·
Believe in Yourself
4,495 Posts
Plan? Plan!!?
HELL, there ain't no plan, I just make it up as I go.
Something almost always happens differently than planned for.
So who knows what's going to happen.
You can't plan for everything, good way to go crazy.
Adapt and keep the faith.....

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
My plan?

Live until I die.
Meet my maker and spend eternity in heaven.:thumb:

Reactions: OhioMan

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,365 Posts
My plan:
Save money, check.
Buy ranch land in decent state, check.
Buy tractors, ag equipment, livestock, trailers, check.
Plant nut trees, damn deer, plant again, fail.
Buy 4 yrs food and enough ammo to kill deer, check.
Invest enough cash into gold to complete ranch, check.
Retire in 2014, move to decent state.

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
First off, I have to know what I am up against. That means I have to determine what threats I am facing and knowing what kind of disaster has happened.

If it is a natural disaster, I am pretty sure that I can ride it out with my family where we live.
If it is a social collapse, I am pretty sure that I can ride it out with my family where we live.
If it is a disaster involving biological elements, like a massive spike in the Avian Flu, I will isolate my family from contamination, treat the sick members of my family as best as I can and then plan which way I want to move for survival purposes. I may opt to leave the city where I live or I may opt to stay. I may, as long as the phone lines stay working, call around to see what my friends and distant relatives tell me. In other words, gather information before moving out.

So what I do depends on what befalls me, my family and my area.

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
8,722 Posts
My plan:
Save money, check.
Buy ranch land in decent state, check.
Buy tractors, ag equipment, livestock, trailers, check.
Plant nut trees, damn deer, plant again, fail.
Buy 4 yrs food and enough ammo to kill deer, check.

Invest enough cash into gold to complete ranch, check.
Retire in 2014, move to decent state.
God bless you this made me spit water all over my monitor!! :D:

If this drought keeps up you'll not need to worry about the trees OR the deer ... :(

Back to the OP ...

I'm with Alergyfree ... there's always SOMETHING ... that's just the way it is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts