Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im curious to what everybody would carry for a combat knife.
For me I have two one is a big dagger with a 12in blade that Ill carry if I get sent over seas(already have the ok from my unit). And the second one is for civilian carry is a 6in single edge dagger I made this one after me and my girl had an incident in the park one night nobody got hurt but i wanted to carry something more than my buck(bunch of drunks) Its also paired with my .38 that i got after the incident to.

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
KA-BAR
I'd like to buy one of those cheap stainless steel Walmart Winchester Bowie knives for $20, just because..

A Sig 226 is a handgun, not a knife. Wrong thread, Oz

·
Registered
522 Posts
I got many knives if I had to pick one for a fight I'd go with the Old Hickery 14" butcher Knife. So what does an Expert think, cause I aint and would just a soon shoot ya?

·
Banned
3,508 Posts

I keep a bunch of these Stainless Models around. Car, Truck, House, Tool box, Gun safe, Bedroom, Kitchen, Bathroom.......Well, you get the picture. Bill T.

·
Banned
3,508 Posts
How did I know somebody was going to say something about a firearm?
If I wanted to know what gun you would carry I would have posted in the gun section.
But you didn't. You posted it here and got answers free of charge. Talk about getting more for your money! Bill T.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I find that the k-bar or camilus look alike I was issued works pretty well. I also find that a kukri is a fine design. Just don't get one of the cheap modern ones.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
How did I know somebody was going to say something about a firearm?
If I wanted to know what gun you would carry I would have posted in the gun section.
Lighten up, Francis.

I can tote as many handguns as I can carry, but no knives over 4".

So my fighting knife is a Spyderco Military, which will likely do nicely, but shouldn't need to unless I've already failed.

- OS

·
1,100 Posts
But you didn't. You posted it here and got answers free of charge. Talk about getting more for your money! Bill T.
I know who's vunerable when he runs out of bullets. Usually when you put all your eggs in one basket, you trip and drop the basket and look up to a bunch of guys carrying knives...maybe you could throw the empty gun at them...

·
1,100 Posts
Vulnerable. And that's you, with no matter how many knives against a single bullet.

- OS
Hmmm funny that you took my comment out of context. I was actually accused today of running an arsenal...But I also know that you can be caught without bullets and if that is all you depend on and know how to use, ask any of the special forces why they ALL train in hand to hand combat...maybe you should call up the the SEAL and RANGER training programs and tell them they've got it all wrong. They should just all carry tons of firearms and thousands of rounds for every mission no matter how heavy or how quiet they need to be. If you only know how to shoot and don't have any other fighting skills, I feel sorry for you. What are you going to do if you need to cover hundreds of miles on foot? Carry 200 lbs of ammo? What if you are caught alone with only one gun and run out of bullets?

1 - 20 of 201 Posts