Survivalist Forum banner

What’s your favourite shotgun brand? (Please state model in post)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn’t see this poll anywhere, and if it has been done, it's not been done in a long while.
Anyway, what’s your favourite shotgun brand?
(Take 'favourite' to mean the one you would trust in a bad situation- not your favourite gun for leisure)

Select in the poll your brand, and then it would be nice if you would tell us briefly your chosen model in a post.

It should be interesting...

Thanks.

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I chose the Benelli Supernova.
I like its new features and action, ergonomics are okay(ish) and it is extremely reliable and well built. Pluss i like the way it feels.

Reactions: joes

·
Premium Member
12,360 Posts
''saiga 12 baby''

I couldn’t see this poll anywhere, and if it has been done, it's not been done in a long while.
Anyway, what’s your favourite shotgun brand?
(Take 'favourite' to mean the one you would trust in a bad situation- not your favourite gun for leisure)

Select in the poll your brand, and then it would be nice if you would tell us briefly your chosen model in a post.

It should be interesting...

Thanks.
saiga 12, i have put hundreds of rounds, maybe a thousand,slugs,buck,target and field loads through mine,i would trust it with my life if i had to :thumb: in any conditions nature or TEOTWAWKI can dish out........

siaga.jpg

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
I like both my Rem 1100 and Moss 500's

Reactions: joes

·
Registered
317 Posts
Saigas are great... by far the most fun at the range (until you have to buy more bulk ammo lol), but any semi auto gun has its inherent issues with reliability, ammo feeding, high maintainence and part demands.

For SHTF or if I could only have one (long)gun, I'd go with a reliable, well built, and minimal upkeep pump shotgun without question... probably 870 police Wingmaster, or maybe a Marine Magnum. My 20ga 870 express with Knoxx is actually my favorite gun, but the Wingmasters or marine mags are definitely built even better for the long haul.

If price were no object, then I agree that I'd probably go Benelli SuperNova as the OP said. However, when you can get two+shells or maybe three similarly reliable and nearly as fluid and accurate 870s for the same price, it's no contest. Besides, if SHTF, parts are harder to find than an 870.

·
Premium Member
12,360 Posts
'''saiga baby'''

Saigas are great... by far the most fun at the range (until you have to buy more bulk ammo lol), but any semi auto gun has its inherent issues with reliability, ammo feeding, high maintainence and part demands.

For SHTF or if I could only have one (long)gun, I'd go with a reliable, well built, and minimal upkeep pump shotgun without question......
i'm not worried, there will be plenty of pumps laying around post teotwawki :D:..........

·
Vampire Slayer
6,905 Posts
DH's favorite was a Holland and Holland Imperial 12 g 2&3/4 in side by side. He couldn't miss with it. The owner tried to give it to him, but getting it home from England and paying the taxes on it would have been a nightmare. He still gets misty-eyed when he speaks of it.

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DH's favorite was a Holland and Holland Imperial 12 g 2&3/4 in side by side. He couldn't miss with it. The owner tried to give it to him, but getting it home from England and paying the taxes on it would have been a nightmare. He still gets misty-eyed when he speaks of it.
A Holland and Holland!!

Blimy!
Misty eyed? I'd be bawling!

·
Plinker
746 Posts
The only shotgun I own is a Winchester Mod 1200 (gotten in a trade). Although the Winchester has been an excellent shotgun (for my uses) I voted Remington, base on reviews (and history) of the 870, which I would purchase if finances allowed it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Even though my screen name is Marine Magnum, I prefer Mossbergs. I sold my marine mag and put the money down on a 590a1 with ghost rings. I can honestly say that I am happy I done it. I do love Remingtons, but something draws me to Mossbergs. I would be confident using either.

·
Uber Infidel.
343 Posts
Had a Mossberg M590DA1 and two Benelli's - M1 Super 90 and an M4, i really loved that Mossberg but i have to say the Benelli's are just plain ANIMALS! especially the M4, wow does it love the heavy stuff!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 2 winchester pumps and a rem 870, i love all of them, never had a problem with either. i dont know what one i would choose if i could only have one.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts