Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Frontiersman
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there is a lot of fear mongering that goes on in the world there's no denying that fear keeps us alive, keeps us from getting hurt and making poor decisions. As much as we'd like to thing our fears are from being well informed they're usually from snap decisions we make or from irrational emotions we feel.

Whats your biggest fear either now or when SHTF?

I'd say mine is injury, which might be a fear of becoming dependent on others instead of an asset. Avoiding unnecessary risk and good preparation is how I'll try to avoid injury.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have two sons... 18 & 20. The fact that both candidates have mentioned about reinstating the draft and tensions with Russia/China are getting worse... well, I'm afraid for them.
The real tensions are between U.S government vs. EVERYBODY in the world, including the citizens of the U.S. I'm a battle aged male and I would never ever obey a draft.

If our government is fighting a war that we need to fight, I would have already been enlisted.

Pick your battles carefully, because I think Russia cares about U.S citizens more than the U.S government does. Truly. I think Putin is more of an American than 80% of our bastard politicians.

If our government tried to draft me, I'd fight. I'd fight like hell. But I would do it against them and I would surely disregard my survival.

Battle aged males should not be tools of the elite. They should have individual minds that think twice before obeying orders. There is no person on this planet who has a greater responsibility to think for themselves and think about right vs wrong than an armed male between 17 and 45 years old.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What are your options in the case of draft? Is it as easy as saying your religion doesn't permit?

Usually they will allow you to conscientiously object from prison while you do hard labour. Draft is a little different from country to country. Some countries have "compulsory service" but will let you opt for non military service at an increased duration of service. For example working as an orderly in hospital for 4 years instead of 2 years learning to march and take orders. But when it comes to "declining" the draft almost every country selects internment in labour camps for those that won't "soldier". Some countries offer summary executions. But, if it's really your principles that are at issue it won't matter what the policy of the government of the time happens to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Do not really do the fear thing. Not that emotional. Mostly just concerns, rather than fear.

#1. Letting someone down.
#2. Becoming a burden.

Just my opinion.
I'm with you on this...

I don't really worry about things. I'll handle them if/when they come up.
But I don't want to let some one down (especially some one I care about)
If I become a burden, I will find a place to just sit and watch the sun rise and set until there is no more for me

1 - 20 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.