Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this kind of thread has been posted before, but I've decided to bring it to this section. So let's brainstorm shall we?
Here are the rules: I'm gonna name an item, with no obvious survival use, and then the next poster will tell me a good use for it, and then name an item for the next poster to analyze.

Example:

Poster 1 writes:
-a dead battery
Poster 2 writes:
-slingshot ammo (the poster 2 names an item for poster 3 to analyze)

I'll go first. The item? A burnt out lightbulb :cool:

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
a burnt out lightbulb can be used as some sort of boiling beaker. It can also be used, if stuffed tight with strike anywhere matchheads, as a makeshift hand grenade if planned right.
The metal on it can be used to screw into a bus fuse port on old electrical systems to jump the circuit if no fuses are available.
The sharp glass can be used to cut string and things like that if you're absolutely desperate, but it would be very hard to do.

Next item:

Old Carpet Remnants

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A pen could be used to jot down important information or for playing tic tac toe with a friend on some scratch paper to cure boredom.

Next item: a puddle of dried candle was from a burnt down candle :D:

·
Ready To Go At Any Time
646 Posts
The black ink in a pen could be used as anti-glare under your eyes.
The casing could be sharpened into a self defense tool.
The ink tube inside could be used as some sort of a straw after cleaned out, I suppose. Could also be used as a vent tube in the instance of a lung injury that would leave air leaking into your chest cavity, eventually colapsing your other lung. Could also be used to build a make shift catheter in very very extreme sickness of another partymate surviving.

CRAP! I screwed this up! haha. knew this would happen! I'll do the candle too:

A puddle of wax could be melted back into a candle again.
Could be used to "slick up" nylon rope, or any rope really.
Could be used to wax the skis on a makeshift sled for collecting firewood or hunted goods.
These are all very far stretches.

Next:

A stack of 10 old compact discs (no cases)

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Old CDs can be tied to a line and hung to scare birds away from a garden OR trolled behind a boat to attract fish. Emergency siginaling mirrors. OR traded to the dumb guy for good CDs. Burned in a fire for black signal smoke.

a sattelite dish...

PS, what a great idea!..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Snow shoe: if there is any wood on it, you could whittle it or burn it, or use the insulating sole to insulate some bedding (might not be much, but it's something). If there is any plastic on it, you could also burn it for a black smoke signal.

Next up: an empty snuff can (like grizzly or copenhagen)

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Snow shoes don't have any sort of insulation on them, FYI. Either a web or flat plactic to stay afloat. Im guessing it dosn't snow much in Florida?;)
Snuff can, makes a great bait holder just rinse it first. Storage of small things like matches, fish hooks ect. signal mirror, fire starter... Something to fill the round worn spot on your back left pocket of your Wranglers!

Radiator off of a 1952 ford pickup....

·
Read Only
251 Posts
Take the steel bars out and heat and beat till you have either something resembling a knife or an arrowhead. Ribbon cable can be used for snare wire.

Next item: how about an easy one: 35mm film

·
Zomby Woof
14,310 Posts
Toilet bowl...
Scrape off the gloss in a spot and you have a nice blade sharpener (ceramic). Bust it up to make arrow heads, spear tips, crude knives. Crap in style in the woods :)
Use as a counter weight. Make a dead-fall trap. Use as a fire pit, as a seat, as a step stool (huh-huh...stool).

Next item...an old folding, "roll-away" bed frame.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Old roll-away bed frame...

a low gurney
roof of a quick ground shelter
solid "netting" for camo attachment over a shelter's entrance
stiff wire for machinery repair, tools, animal traps
L-frame material for building other machinery, supports, or framing for something else
gun rack

Next - old 33rpm record player

·
under prepared patriot
333 Posts
use the needle for sewing maybe, probably some gears and wires in the player that would have some use, could potentially burn it.

Next: a keyboard

1 - 20 of 45 Posts