Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once read an excerpt from a book. It was really good but I can't remember for the life of me what the name of the book was. I'll describe what I can remember and maybe you can tell me what the book is called...

The scene takes place at a road block/traffic check (or whatever you call them in your neck of the woods). A federal agent and a bunch of cops and soldiers are checking out people's papers looking for a few so called terrorists that have struck the previous night.

They get this guy out of his vehicle and start beating him. A driver in the line (who I think was a teacher) decides to get out and try and get the cops to stop beating the guy.

The cops start abusing the teacher now.

An old WW2 veteran had all he can take of this tyranny and gets out with his Colt 1911 and shoots the federal agent.

Further up the road a freshly emigrated Mexican fella who is now a US soldier even though he can barely speak the language is manning the machine gun on top an armored vehicle and when the confusion starts he starts shooting at everything that moves in the road block line of cars.

That's about all I remember and probably some of it is wrong but I think there are enough details there that if you read it, you'll know it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,484 Posts
I've read it also, but for the life of me, I can't remember which book!
I'll look thru a few when I get the chance..

·
Michigan Gun Nut
801 Posts
. A driver in the line (who I think was a teacher) decides to get out and try and get the cops to stop beating the guy.

The cops start abusing the teacher now.

Thanks.
The Guy in the line was not a teacher- actually a US Navy Officer, headed back to his ship.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts