Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'll be in a gun-free zone a lot, and want some protection.

In addition to other measures, I think I'll carry a taser.
(ie, don't bother suggesting other measures; I'm already pursuing those as well)

But, which is the best kind, when considered as a substitute for a concealed handgun?
(For a school environment, where there is ordinary crime, but also the threat of school shootings.)

I don't know anything at all about tasers... but I would prefer a smaller, more lightweight one for that role, while still maintaining maximum range for that kind of weapon, and while still maintaining plenty of power.
Isn't there also a kind that can be reloaded quickly for more shots? Is that available to civilians?

·
Registered
33 Posts
C-2 taser, only one shot tho, but can be used as a stun device after deploying. Leo's have a model that fires more than one shot, dont know if civilians can get it. I carry a C-2 in a belt holster, rides well with very little notice.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C-2 taser, only one shot tho, but can be used as a stun device after deploying. Leo's have a model that fires more than one shot, dont know if civilians can get it. I carry a C-2 in a belt holster, rides well with very little notice.
I like the idea of it being used as a stun device after firing... but how does that work?

Also, isn't it a bit difficult to aim? It looks like the ergonomics of it are very weird.

Their website also says "the laser turns on when the safety cover is off" ... What safety cover? I can't tell how that works from their site either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like the idea of it being used as a stun device after firing... but how does that work?

Also, isn't it a bit difficult to aim? It looks like the ergonomics of it are very weird.

Their website also says "the laser turns on when the safety cover is off" ... What safety cover? I can't tell how that works from their site either.[/QUO ok, on the front of the taser where the probes come out you can see two metal contacts, after deployment thats where the stun mode charge come out of. as far as aiming they now come with a laser light which is ativated when you turn it on..................you activate it by means of a sliding button on top of the taser. it slides back showing a fire button. when the button is back a small led light comes on automatically from the front of the unit. depressing the button fires the taser. as fas as holding it, feels similar to some electric razors. for testing you are instructed to remove the probes by means of two button on the side of the unit, then pushing the fire button gives you a very nice arc of lightning across the metal contacts mentioned above. hope this helps.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I carry a C2 as well. Since I'm in California, I can't CCW. Probably the next best thing next to a firearm. I'm pleased with it. Simple to use. It has a laser red dot sight and flashlight. Just put the red dot on the assailant, ensure your at most within 15ft and press the button. While the assailant has fallen o the ground you can use the taser as a stun gun simultaneously if multiple attackers are present.

The only thing I dislike is that it has about 30 tiny confetti things that disperse once the cartridge is deployed. It leaves serial numbers that can trace back to the owner of the taser. But I understand its to keep us law abiding citizens in place...I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts