Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Let us reason together
5,605 Posts
It depends on what the itch is caused by. If it is systemic, then antihistamines. If it is topical then the above recommendations but here is a link to learn about more remedies.
http://www.herballegacy.com/search.php?zoom_query=itch
If it is from poison ivy or oak then that is something different and the list goes on.

·
Indefatigable
21,098 Posts
I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I read it in a magazine years ago, and it works
Vicks Mentholatum Rub

·
...all out of bubble gum
871 Posts
Maximum strength Lanacane. It will stop the worst in the world... chigger/red bug itching! will numb it for 8-10 hours. Its a staple in my BOB and hiking pack!

·
The man with the plan
39 Posts
Being in the woods as much as I am, I'm always getting stung or bit by something. I've used a product called StingEze, by Wisconsin Pharmacal Company for years. A $5 bottle lasts me for a year or two. It works great for mosquitoes, chiggers, ticks, wasps, and even poison ivy. The active ingredient is Benzocaine. You can get it online or at your local drugstore, I get mine at walgreens. For poison ivy, the BEST stuff ever is called "Tecnu Extreme medicated Poison Ivy scrub"- it literally scrubs away the oils, completely eliminating the itch. This stuff is better than anything I've ever tried. Try it, you'll be amazed. A definite for the first aid kit.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
In Australia we have a product called "Stingoes" by Johnson and Johnson, it seems to work OK. (on Mosquitos anyway)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts