Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea from a motorcycle forum I visit. They had a thread dedicated to sharing your best riding advice.

I propose a thread for the best (or really good) advice someone has shared with you. It can pertain to anything, money, helth, wealth, family etc.


I'll start;

"Never lend anybody money that you don't have to just give away."

I had an old boss who told me this, he was a very generous guy. His point was you end up with a lose lose situation when the person you lent to can't pay up. Unfortunately more often then not when someone wants to borrow money they are probably doing a poor job of managing theirs already.
 

·
"Dolt"
Joined
·
3,265 Posts
Dont use someone else opinion, educate yourself and make your own.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be where you always are.

Most problems in your life can be avoided by following the stupid 3 rule.
Dont hang with stupid people.
Dont be in stupid places.
And dont do stupid things.

and of course the 3% rule ...
3% of the group will always muck it up for the other 97% of the group.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Never put anything into your checked baggage when flying that you are not willing to run the risk of losing (usually by theft as all baggage is x-rayed.)
 

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Joined
·
8,248 Posts
My ex father-in-law once said to me:

"You might as well find one good woman and stick with her. That way you learn how she fights."

Something I tell my employees when I conduct a post-hire introduction:

"Never mistake my kindness for weakness."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,090 Posts
I was in hurry and plowed into a snowdrift. It was stupid,I should have just stopped and took a different way.I went up to a farm,I knew the guy.He was milking,bright and early. I asked if he could help,thinking maybe he'd pull my out with a tractor.He points over to the corner..."there's the shovel...."
Don't get into crap you can't dig yourself out of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Never think that YOU, or ANY man, is your source. No one can save your tail except the One that made it.

Not exactly advice, but it sure led to the advice I needed.
 

·
Information is Ammunition
Joined
·
22,122 Posts
Weird that I learned a lot from science fiction....

"When you find yourself falling off a cliff, you may as well flap your arms" Captain Jonathan Sheridan- Babylon 5

"Information is Ammunition"- Major Adam Steiner- Battletech

"Given the odds, I'll take slim over none any day" -Commander Riker- Star Trek TNG

"When in doubt- make it up. Never look like you don't know what you're doing" Mr Rawn, my 9th grade English teacher
 
  • Like
Reactions: speedofl33t

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
When action grows unprofitable gather information, when gathering information grows unprofitable...sleep. (Ursla K Le Guinn)
 

·
Bratach Bhan Chlann Aoidh
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Here's one from back in the day when I used to shoot commercials in Scotland.

You cannae polish a ****e.

And it's SO true.
 

·
Watchin tha world go by
Joined
·
8,151 Posts
things can be replaced, its people that cant

use things and love people --- too many folks have it backwards

when all is said and done you will be remembered not by what ya had but by those you touched

yer wealth, yer possessions, and your life may be taken from you but you honor must be surrendered
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Top