Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this takes off as an good source of ideas for those looking for
alternatives to there existing diet.

10-08-08

Today I started my day at 5am at the gym 11/2hr workout
got home and made a protein shake (52gr Protein), took shower
and let the shake oxygenate.

7am - After shower made two small pieces of whole wheat lite toast, two
fried eggs seasoned with Mrs.Dash ( non stick cooking spray) sliced
tomato, glass of water, protein shake.

10am - Granola bar, apple, water

1pm - peanut butter sandwich (Adams 100% natural peanut butter) on two slices
whole wheat lite bread, apple, bottle water, protein shake (52gr).

4pm - rotisserie chicken breast salad w/avocado, tomatoes on the vine
the vine tomatoes,
cucumber, raisins, beets, two hard boiled eggs, red wine vinegarete,
water.

6pm - Fruit bowl (banana, strawberries, blueberries, half apple, drizzled with
honey) MmmMmmMmm, protein shake (52gr).

9pm - Dessert, peanut butter (Adams 100% natural) with raisins, water.

1130pm - bed:sleep:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thanks for the new thread, good one!

Why do you let your shake set?

I have the same diet almost every day. slight variation in my lunch and dinner.

Breakfast, Up at 05:30, I make a shake, 6 strawberries, 1/2cup dannon natural plain yogurt, 1 bannana, 1 scoop 21gr. GNC chocolet caramel protein. Now and then I throw in a 1/4 cup of oatmeal.

snack: 09:30 granola bar

PT: whatever I do at 10:45-1200

Lunch: Some kind of meat and a salad, glass of milk.

Dinner: 18:00 Some kind of meat "usually grilled chicken or steak" and some kind of veggie.

Snack: Usually popcorn or 1/2 cup of Bryers icecream.

My problem is beer. I usually have 3-6 beers about every other day. Thats why I run so much. Its a struggle to keep my abs if I dont run. I dont eat sweets other than my icecream. I dont eat anything fried. Veggies, lean meat, fruit and dairy is my diet. So far it works alright. I need to lift a bit more though. When I do, Ill step up my protein.

Thanks for the insight MAGFED556. I can see Im at least on the right track. Need more motovation. Thats all me though. Let me know why you let your shake set.....:sleep:

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, BEER. I'm a sucker for a good beer as well in fact 3 to 6 in a couple of days is also my norm, however when I'm training for an enduro I cut it out of my diet completely, that is until after the race, then it's beers all around.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, the shake, if you let it sit for a little while all the air bubbles will rise to the top and either dissipate or you can scoop off the froth. This is called oxygenating. If you mix yours in a blender with fruit and other things it might take a while longer than if you just mix it with water. It reduces the amount of gas bubbles in your system. (gives me bad gas)
Any hoot, hope that helps.

DRIVE ON B--------OUT

·
Mountain Critter
914 Posts
Breakfast: Oatmeal cooked in milk with raisins, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and some buckwheat and sometimes millet for variety.

Sometimes in the summer (when it's light enough to run before breakfast) I do a breakfast shake of 1 cup milk, a banana, a big spoon of peanut butter and some rice protein instead of the oatmeal.

Lunch/snacks throughout day: Almonds, raisins, fruit. Sometimes cheese during the winter.

Supper: Lentils or other beans and brown rice, with onion, spices and a big spoonful of tahini (ground sesame seeds,) fresh vegetables from the garden in season or canned/frozen veggies, a piece of fruit when available.

One or two days a week I'll depart from this and have some venison, beef, etc, instead, as the main part of the meal. Dessert is usually some sort of homemade chocolate brownies or cake... :eek::

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
Hah... I eat poor...

Breakfast: Tea with milk. Oatmeal with milk and apple sauce and a crispbread sandwich or just soft bread with ham, pate, cheese or avocado.

Dinner: Potatoes. Boiled or cut in wedges and oven baked. Cheap sausages. Or pasta and fresh vegetables. Or something similar.

Snack: Bread, milk or fruit.

I wish I could afford to buy better meat, fish, a greater variety of veggies... But doing my best on my budget.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
During the week, granola or other breakfast bars and coffee for breakfast. On the weekends, I'll have eggs, pancakes, or biscuts and gravy with sausage or baccon, and hashbrowns and fruit juice. Lunch is leftovers or canned soup, stew, chille, and a sandwich. Supper, I cook up whatever sounds good. We usually do meat, vegetable, and potatos, rice or pasta. Then there is the all famous variety of Minnesota hotdishes, Which is basicly meat vegetables, and rice or pasta with cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup baked in a dish. I like biscuts or rolls with supper also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts