Survivalist Forum banner

15301 - 15320 of 15393 Posts

·
Super Moderator. I'm helping!
8,215 Posts
Rib eye steak and baked potato for the old man.

Mashed Yukon Gold potatoes (no butter, just some salt and pepper) and a green salad with onions, carrots, cucumbers and yellow and red bell pepper slices for me.

·
Cynical Thinker
957 Posts
Seven hour BBQ brisket. Fired up the outdoor propane griddle and seared every surface and then applied a rub. Wrapped the brisket in two layers of foil and let it sit in a steel pan inside the electric smoker for six hours. Why? With temps in the 80's and not having any window AC unit(s) at the cabin in TN outdoor cooking is mandatory. After the cook let rest at room temp for an hour.

End result; tender moist and tasty almost like prime rib. I had leftovers warmed in the microwave, not so good. it became tough. The wife cooked her portion in a fry pan and said it was tender and tasty.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,841 Posts
Seven hour BBQ brisket. Fired up the outdoor propane griddle and seared every surface and then applied a rub. Wrapped the brisket in two layers of foil and let it sit in a steel pan inside the electric smoker for six hours. Why? With temps in the 80's and not having any window AC unit(s) at the cabin in TN outdoor cooking is mandatory. After the cook let rest at room temp for an hour.

End result; tender moist and tasty almost like prime rib. I had leftovers warmed in the microwave, not so good. it became tough. The wife cooked her portion in a fry pan and said it was tender and tasty.
The way I like to reheat smoked brisket is on a steamer rack. Steam it about 10 minutes and it's good to go. It stays super moist that way.

·
Jackpine Savage
4,322 Posts
Haven't been posting in here lately. We've been eating just fine, but I just get the blahs at this time every year. Days tease you. 65-70 one day and lucky to hit 40 the next. Nights in the 20s for a couple days and then in the 40s for a couple days. Watch the snowflakes one day and the thunder, lightening, and rain the next.

Tonight is going to be chili cheese fries. The past couple days have been things like grilled burgers on nice days and homemade pizza or lasagna on crappy days. Sides have been things like fresh morels, pasta salad, corn on the cob, fried taters with ramps and morels.

Just a crappy time of the year.

15301 - 15320 of 15393 Posts