Survivalist Forum banner

15281 - 15300 of 15393 Posts

·
Jackpine Savage
4,322 Posts
Grilled Shrimp and Oyster Kabobs. Zucchini, Onions, Mushrooms, Kalamata Olives. Rice Pilaf with Peas and Carrots.

Peach Cobbler (y)
Gotta say I love your posts and my wife and I make some of the things out of your recipe posts but you need a woman. I don't wake up knowing what I'm having for dinner. I wake up and get a couple of cups of coffee in me and then my wife gets up and tells me. Sometimes she changes her mind and I get **** that I didn't want just because she decided that's what we're having a few hours after I thawed stuff out for what she wanted when she woke up.

You're taking the "fun" out of your life and missing out on the misery that "builds charactor."

To be honest I envy you though. I'd eat nothing but bacon cheeseburgers, and pork steak with BBQ sauce, and a few taters if I had any choice, with maybe a ribeye tossed in every now and then and a salad or two a year to balance things out.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I did not know you could make pasta in the instant pot!

Tonight I made chicken alfredo. Recipe from Recipe: Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo

I only had frozen chicken. So I put 1/2 cup chicken broth in the pot, added the chicken and let it pressure cook for 10 minutes. Then I chopped the chicken up, added the alfredo sauce and the pasta. It already had plenty of liquid so I only added about 1/2 cup of water (swished around in the alfredo sauce jar to get it all out). Pressure cooked it for 8 minutes. Added some parm cheese. Amazing!

The chicken was a bit too moist... next time I think I will cook it like I did and chop it up, and then keep it on the side while I cooked the sauce and pasta, and then add it back in. Cooking it twice made it too moist.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,188 Posts
Haddock rolled in lightly seasoned flour, then in Panko, then fried in butter; batter fried shrimp; cold slop, baked beans (damn the purines) and key lime pie smothered in real whipped cream for dessert. Probably about equal parts pie and whipped cream.

I might consider eating the big Pileated woodpecker pair that have set up house in the oak nearest the back porch and have been going HE HE HE HE HE HE HEEEEEEEEE! All. Day. Long.

·
Indefatigable
20,681 Posts
We've been on vacation, came home to more than one mess, tonight is the first time I have cooked on an appliance in a week. We are having spinach salad, spaghetti and garlic/rosemary focaccia. Hubby is desperate for cookies, I told him to buy a box of Fig Newtons on the way home. I'm whipped.

15281 - 15300 of 15393 Posts