Survivalist Forum banner

15141 - 15160 of 15189 Posts

·
Indefatigable
20,523 Posts
Hubby has a 3 day weekend and he's the cook tonight. He's making up those giant grilled hamburger steaks stuffed with onions he loves so much, baked potatoes and corn. My job is brown gravy and TX toast.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Haven't grilled a good steak at home in ages (due mostly to my red meat reduction program), but I've got some new St. Elmos Steak Seasoning and Izzy's sauce to try out, so tonight's the night! If you like HOT, St. Elmos has you covered, so it should be interesting. 🥵

Steamed broccoli and baked potato on the side, along with a nice Malbec. Will wash down my burning mouth with a nicely Stone Street Cold Brew Dark coffee with milk + brown coconut sugar and a bid slice of tiramisu.

I personally don't deserve this fine meal, so I'm at least going to have a tough home workout first, and maybe organize the garage a bit to earn it.

·
Indefatigable
20,523 Posts
Tonight's dinner is tacos el pastor with all the trimmings. Chips, salsa and guac on the side with Orange Creamsicle pie for dessert. We found out a few hours ago, it's our fav neighbors BD and we told her to expect a plate around 7, beer included.

·
Forum Administrator
6,018 Posts
Dinner will be a spiral ham, colcannon and gravy, green bean almondine, and dinner rolls. Easter candy for dessert.

Happy Easter!
Like minds. We did the same except we had glazed carrots and fresh fruit medley as sides.

·
Jackpine Savage
4,144 Posts
Not sure about tonight. Wife made a couple cherry pies and an apple pie on Saturday, also boiled up 4 dozen eggs. yesterday we both made a batch of deviled eggs (we make them very different) and got out the stuff for a good relish tray with garlic stuffed green olives, marinated mushrooms, pickled baby corn and onions, other stuff too lots of variety. Then we headed up to my parents for Easter dinner. My brother lived way out of state for a long time so it was the first time we all got together at the same time in 11 years.

Mom went simple with venison roast with taters and gravy and carrots, and dinner rolls. It was a simple but very good holiday dinner.

·
Survivor
16,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15,157
Yesterday (Easter) I made an early dinner (2:30 PM) Dijon coated ham, baked garnet yams, baked beans, vegetable mix and a sweet mustard lemon and butter sauce for the ham. I guess there was a salad of some sort, but I didn't have any.

Tonight is rib eye steak, baked potatoes, vegetable beef soup, and a arugula, strawberry and goad cheese salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,722 Posts
Cup of noodles and a Pop Tart. My husband would be livid I am not taking better care. (I did have about 50 grams of protein earlier)

JF I made the mistake of trying a Whataburger malt recently. 20 years in Houston I never tried them... SO good I have to force myself to avoid them now.

·
Forum Administrator
6,018 Posts
From a high of 77 yesterday to a high of 54 with expected lows in the 20's...The wife is sneaking in a 15 bean soup with leftover ham. It always seems to me to be a little more satisfying when it is chilly outside. Samuel Adams Golden Ale as a precursor. :)

15141 - 15160 of 15189 Posts