Survivalist Forum banner

whats everyone got as their EDC nowdays?

17K views 79 replies 54 participants last post by  SolWarrior 
#1 ·
I still run 3. pocket changes everynow and then, but sheaths for now remain the same.
pocket, CRKT /TYGHE MY TYGHE
belt, SPARTAN NYX
EDC BAG BUCK THUG

what ya'll rolling these days?
one thing i have noticed, NYX gets used every day and stropped every week. not a wear thru or mar on the finish yet. just polished to a shine in areas.......... I picked up the NYX when they had 3 left, and were discontinuing that style. Glad i did. all i did to it was shim the scales out a bit.it was just a hair thin for my hand........ but i do love a knife with a belly.:thumb:

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Ive been using that Spyderco Magnitude I got earlier this year as my main use knife. I really like it. Thing is a brute.

Still carrying that $75 Chinese Benchmade Morpho I got a couple of years ago too. Its actually held up well to what use its had, not that I use it much or hard.

Its there as a backup and more of a special use knife. I havent sharpened it yet, and it will still shave the hair off your arm with no effort.

#11 ·
Gerber Artifact on the key ring as a key fob.
For an absurd looking tool, it really comes in handy. Pry open paint cans, rudimentary screw driver, and
an Exacto knife.

Minichamp - Just an amazing little tool for its size and weight.
Kabar Dozier - I trally like how light it is and how flat in the pocket.
Kershaw rubber coated classic. - Very handy for a small knife. and the rubber coating makes it quiet in the pocket.

Kershaw Al Mar sometimes substitutes for the Kabar. - Still trying to like this knife, but it is a little heavier than the Dozier.

#17 ·
I'll get some picks up later, but I'm working in a vastly different environment than I was last year. While the badging process and area is extremely secure, I "could" carry a wider selection. However the "professional" environment kind of limits my creativity:D: Mostly just carrying a nice "gentleman's folder". I do keep a multitool and small fixed blade in my work bag...

ROCK6

#21 ·
Glock 19
Spare mag (if not on belt, then in bag that's always nearby)
.380 Back Up in ankle holster
Very bright flashlight (18650 battery) in leather belt holster
CRKT M16 folder clipped in right pocket
Car key fob
House/Garage/Shop keyring on belt clip
EDC cable keyring in left pocket with a bazillion things on it: small space pen, micro flashlight, peanut lighter, zippo fuel canister, P38 can opener, Gerber micro knife, 2 large safety pins, small pry bar/scraper, handcuff key, small pill canister used for emergency cash, probably a couple other things.
Wallet with cash, DL Carry Permit, Debit and Credit cards, Voter ID, Range Safety Officer card, small lock pick set, CC sized multipurpose survival tool, more emergency cash $100

My backoack/briefcase is always with me. Aside from laptop (sometimes), work papers, contracts and stuff, it is nearly a GHB minus food and water. It has pepper spray, pepper spray defense (facemask, eye pro, pepper spray neutralizer wipes), Gerber LMF II, two othercheaper knives, G17 and G19 mags, LED headlamp, another micro flashlight, another 18650 light, spare batteries for all lights (AA, AAA, 18650 and Button batts for micros), another peanut lighter, a butane lighter w/small refill can, Leatherman Wingman, a battery bank that doubles as a spare battery holder for two 18650's and is also a battery charger for 18650, rechargeable AA and AAA (two at a time), it also has a very bright bank of LED's in red and white, various multi adapters for recharging phones and stuff, UV-5R dual band radio w/ 2 spare batteries, various OTC pain meds, antacids and such, 10 days of my prescription meds, mini screwdriver set and adjustable wrench, a bunch of other odds and ends.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I carry a cheap M-tech folder with a tanto point and half serrated edge. It desperately needs to be sharpened and is feeling a bit loose.

I have been thinking about replacing it for the last month or so.

I have a cold steel Spartan where I hang my keys, but it is a bit to large. I have a cold steel pocket Kukri beside the bed, but it has the same issue.

#24 ·
I carry a cheap M-tech folder with a tanto point and half serrated edge. It desperately needs to be sharpened and is feeling a bit loose.

I have been thinking about replacing it for the last month or so.

I have a cold steel Spartan where I hang my keys, but it is a bit to large. I have a cold steel pocket Kukri beside the bed, but it has the same issue.
I have this Boker folding kukri and it is a beast of a knife but darn handy in the backpack.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#28 ·
How Bout for sunday go to meetin brother? and sat night at the fights?
my sunday go to meetins, when i get all gussied up....... bench made Bedlum, Al mar
Warrior AND Bench Made Dejavoo
sat night at the fights, depends but when i do go , which aint often, Hardcore Hardware CQC1, Fox Military Division SPEC-WOG, and Grayman SATU
:D:

Attachments

#33 ·
I have a pretty extensive EDC knife rotation with numerous ZT, Kershaw, Benchmade, CRKT and assorted other brands in the mix, although my "evenings and weekends" folder is an old Kershaw RJI. For anything I carry outside of work or home, I want it to have two methods of ambidextrous opening, generally meaning flipper and thumb studs. Today, I'm carrying a Kershaw Clash that is flipper-only, but today is just a normal day of commuting.

Besides that, I always have a Leatherman Wingman and a Streamlight Microstream USB flashlight, plus a Swiss+Tech keyring multi-tool. When not at work, I carry a Sig Sauer P239 or Springfield XDS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.