Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Glock 19
Spare mag (if not on belt, then in bag that's always nearby)
.380 Back Up in ankle holster
Very bright flashlight (18650 battery) in leather belt holster
CRKT M16 folder clipped in right pocket
Car key fob
House/Garage/Shop keyring on belt clip
EDC cable keyring in left pocket with a bazillion things on it: small space pen, micro flashlight, peanut lighter, zippo fuel canister, P38 can opener, Gerber micro knife, 2 large safety pins, small pry bar/scraper, handcuff key, small pill canister used for emergency cash, probably a couple other things.
Wallet with cash, DL Carry Permit, Debit and Credit cards, Voter ID, Range Safety Officer card, small lock pick set, CC sized multipurpose survival tool, more emergency cash $100

My backoack/briefcase is always with me. Aside from laptop (sometimes), work papers, contracts and stuff, it is nearly a GHB minus food and water. It has pepper spray, pepper spray defense (facemask, eye pro, pepper spray neutralizer wipes), Gerber LMF II, two othercheaper knives, G17 and G19 mags, LED headlamp, another micro flashlight, another 18650 light, spare batteries for all lights (AA, AAA, 18650 and Button batts for micros), another peanut lighter, a butane lighter w/small refill can, Leatherman Wingman, a battery bank that doubles as a spare battery holder for two 18650's and is also a battery charger for 18650, rechargeable AA and AAA (two at a time), it also has a very bright bank of LED's in red and white, various multi adapters for recharging phones and stuff, UV-5R dual band radio w/ 2 spare batteries, various OTC pain meds, antacids and such, 10 days of my prescription meds, mini screwdriver set and adjustable wrench, a bunch of other odds and ends.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I carry a cheap M-tech folder with a tanto point and half serrated edge. It desperately needs to be sharpened and is feeling a bit loose.

I have been thinking about replacing it for the last month or so.

I have a cold steel Spartan where I hang my keys, but it is a bit to large. I have a cold steel pocket Kukri beside the bed, but it has the same issue.

·
Old Reformed Rogue
1,401 Posts
I carry a cheap M-tech folder with a tanto point and half serrated edge. It desperately needs to be sharpened and is feeling a bit loose.

I have been thinking about replacing it for the last month or so.

I have a cold steel Spartan where I hang my keys, but it is a bit to large. I have a cold steel pocket Kukri beside the bed, but it has the same issue.
I have this Boker folding kukri and it is a beast of a knife but darn handy in the backpack.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Wind
1,222 Posts
Farm/Woods
Cold Steel Voyager Tanto fully serrated
Bench Made 722
Spyderco Endura 4
Leatherman Wave
Cold Steel Recon Tanto VG-1

town
ZT 0620
Cold Steel Black Talon 2
LeatherMan Wave

Work
Buck 845

in the house in easy cloths
Ruike P105-Q

·
Retired Army
5,529 Posts
CRKT Hammond Cruiser and a Buck Stockman.

Al

Reactions: Goblin X

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Farm/Woods
Cold Steel Voyager Tanto fully serrated
Bench Made 722
Spyderco Endura 4
Leatherman Wave
Cold Steel Recon Tanto VG-1

town
ZT 0620
Cold Steel Black Talon 2
LeatherMan Wave

Work
Buck 845

in the house in easy cloths
Ruike P105-Q
How Bout for sunday go to meetin brother? and sat night at the fights?
my sunday go to meetins, when i get all gussied up....... bench made Bedlum, Al mar
Warrior AND Bench Made Dejavoo
sat night at the fights, depends but when i do go , which aint often, Hardcore Hardware CQC1, Fox Military Division SPEC-WOG, and Grayman SATU
:D:

Attachments

·
Registered
16,010 Posts
my sunday go to meetins, when i get all gussied up....... bench made Bedlum, Al mar
sat night at the fights, depends but when i do go , which aint often, Hardcore Hardware CQC1, Fox Military Division SPEC-WOG, and Grayman SATU
I was at a wedding reception once and they needed a knife, those that knew me all turned and looked at me, I produced my three blade Old Timer out of my suit pocket. Everything worked out fine.:D:

809 Posts
I was at a wedding reception once and they needed a knife, those that knew me all turned and looked at me, I produced my three blade Old Timer out of my suit pocket. Everything worked out fine.:D:
I was at a bbq this summer, and they forgot the knives for the steak. I pulled my Kershaw folder out and went to town. :thumb:

·
Wind
1,222 Posts
it would be the town load out - plus some straight blade that varies lol - my grandson got to carry a few in his pocket yesterday when we were in the house - just carry not try an open 29 months aint too early to learn - he likes the lil Benchmade

·
Wind
1,222 Posts
GX
I like the looks of the lil fixed blade in the first photo. Looks like it could go fast.

·
Fenced In
3,257 Posts
I have a pretty extensive EDC knife rotation with numerous ZT, Kershaw, Benchmade, CRKT and assorted other brands in the mix, although my "evenings and weekends" folder is an old Kershaw RJI. For anything I carry outside of work or home, I want it to have two methods of ambidextrous opening, generally meaning flipper and thumb studs. Today, I'm carrying a Kershaw Clash that is flipper-only, but today is just a normal day of commuting.

Besides that, I always have a Leatherman Wingman and a Streamlight Microstream USB flashlight, plus a Swiss+Tech keyring multi-tool. When not at work, I carry a Sig Sauer P239 or Springfield XDS.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've pretty much retired the old 110 I've worn most of the last 35 years. These days I've almost always got my Izula in horizontal carry and my old Leatherman Supertool on my belt.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I was at a bbq this summer, and they forgot the knives for the steak. I pulled my Kershaw folder out and went to town. :thumb:
I see no reason to insult a fine American steak with a slave labor cheap chinese piece of crap steak knife.
My Opinel 8 was a buttery smooth slicer Sunday night at Texas Roadhouse.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lately it's been a Tangram Progression and a small Stanley "brown mule" (sodbuster) type slip join in carbon steel. The latter was made in Italy and I got it on closeout at Big Lots for about $4. Wish I'd bought more.

Progression, not bad for $20:

A similar brown mule:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
What do you guys think of this knife? I normally carry a CRKT M16 but I'm looking for something more compact. I like to carry it clipped on my front pocket with the knife in the pocket. The CRKT works fine, but is a little too long. It's the same pocket I have my wallet in, having both feels too bulky.

https://www.amazon.com/BOKER-PLUS-0...HRFDN4R23B2&psc=1&refRID=B1NHCVZ00HRFDN4R23B2
440C stainless, so don't let it get dull, keep it sharpened or stropped and its easy to keep that way let it get dull dull and its a bear to get back, Liner Lock, G10 scales and a Titanium clip . they excellent lil everyday work knives and will take the punishment metered out to em. Light,2.4 oz, rides easy in the pocket(flat design)spear point,4"handle 3" blade, whats not to like! designed by Serge Panchenko, same guy that designed the dogtag knives for spyderco. Quality product. they list for $104.99 .$78.71, good deal, excellent choice.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Start up the rotors
7,648 Posts
EDC hasn't changed much.
Today was a 438 in a Nemesis, and a Cryo G10.

Though lately I've carried the G19 when I'm at the grocery store, LOL.
Reality is, I could defend myself there with a bottle of Geritol and and a winning BINGO card... ;)

Reactions: Damascus7
21 - 40 of 79 Posts