Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, I'm looking to buy a good 22. I already have a 22. Its a henry bolt action single-shot youth rifle. Im looking for one thats bigger because the gun range I shoot at for compition says that my henry is to short for the 22. rifle class. I'm looking for a tube fed lever-action 22. And Im asking all yall whats a good 22. lever-action rifle, for compitition and hunting? I personally really havint shot differnt types of lever-action 22s. Thanks for your time. :D:

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
I have an ancient Winchester 290, my first 22 as a kid,
hope what ya git lasts that long.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i had great luck with the remington 541 t hb, ruger 77/22, ruger 1022 [with mods]. the best one i had was a model made by CZ. it had a 24" bull barrel and could use the same hole on the target all day long. it was a bit ugly but i wish i never sold it.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
So just change the stock on your existing rifle. Nothing is more accurate than a Remington Model 5. Magazine fed also is better for competition than a tube fed. (much easier to unload).

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I love my first rifle... it's still with me. My Marlin model 60, holds 15 rounds is semi-auto and has a scope rail. Shoots beautifully.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I cant stress this enough! Marlin 39A! shoots longs, shorts, cb and bb caps. Holds a ton of rounds in the tube. The micro groove barrel is deadly accurate. I shoot CCI minimags but is good with all ammo. Just needs cleaning more often. I can put 300 rounds of the minimags thru it and is still very accurate. Mine is M.O.A accurate at 80 yards with a Leupold 6x scope. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!!

·
Feuer Frei!
1,811 Posts
I have a couple 22's and I think, reading over everyone’s posts, it shows the beauty of the 22. Quite a few manufactures make one(or several), and for the most part there is a large number of good ones on the market. It comes down to personal opinions/options. I think the best thing is to go to a gun shop and just have a look (etc), see what feels right for you. I would also talk to friends and family and see if you can find anyone with 22’s of there own that would allow you to shoot there guns.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts