Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you say if I told you that AIG was rescued not because so many people would have been hurt financially (that wasn't a factor in letting Lehman Brothers fail) but because it is a branch of the C.I.A?

Before you start calling for this to be in the Controversial News and Alternative Politics section, note that it was actually published in the main stream media:

LA Times; Secret (Insurance) Agent Man

COLLEGE PARK, Md. They knew which factories to burn, which bridges to blow up, which cargo ships could be sunk in good conscience. They had pothole counts for roads used for invasion and head counts for city blocks marked for incineration.

They werent just secret agents. They were secret insurance agents. These undercover underwriters gave their World War II spymasters access to a global industry that both bankrolled and, ultimately, helped bring down Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.

Newly declassified U.S. intelligence files tell the remarkable story of the ultra-secret Insurance Intelligence Unit, a component of the Office of Strategic Services, a forerunner of the CIA, and its elite counterintelligence branch X-2.

. . . the unit mined standard insurance records for blueprints of bomb plants, timetables of tide changes and thousands of other details about targets, from a brewery in Bangkok to a candy company in Bergedorf. 'They used insurance information as a weapon of war,' said Greg Bradsher, a historian and National Archives expert on the declassified records.

The men behind the insurance unit were OSS head William "Wild Bill" Donovan and California-born insurance magnate Cornelius V. Starr. Starr had started out selling insurance to Chinese in Shanghai in 1919 and, over the next 50 years, would build what is now American International Group, one of the biggest insurance companies in the world.

Starr sent insurance agents into Asia and Europe even before the bombs stopped falling and built what eventually became AIG, which today has its world headquarters in the same downtown New York building where the tiny OSS unit toiled in the deepest secrecy.

Starr died in 1968, but his empire endures. AIG is the biggest foreign insurance company in Japan. More than a third of its $40 billion in revenue last year came from the Far East theater that Starr helped carpet bomb and liberate.

While we're at it, here are a few more interesting reads:

Collapse of Wall Street Precedes Complete Disintegration

Possibly A Thousand Banks Will Close In The Coming Weeks And Months; Where is Your Money?

Can WaMu Be Saved?

Banks No Longer Lending To Each Other As Of Tuesday

Russian Markets Closed For The Second Day Due To Collapse

·
Registered
497 Posts
Makes a certain amount of sense after all where did the CIA put the drug money it was making in Vietnam or needed funneled during the Iran Contra affair. Whatever happened to Oliver North anyway. It seems to me a lot of the time money goes missing in the US government after all how much is a toilet seat going for in your hardware store. How much money comes out of the poppy fields in Afgan. I'm sure the CIA is taking their cut so they can pay to have some other dictator set up in another nation.

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
another reason AIG was bailed out was because Europe central bank has a TON of money invested with AIG and that would have pissed them off to no end. Some other countries also have big investments with AIG. Had they fallen foreign confidence in US banking and investments would have plummeted overnight causing them to pull out all their money. We would have woken up this morning to a society without our money! That is no joke. We literally would have headed to the ATMs this morning only to find all the banks closed.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Let me guess, you subscribe to the official 9/11 story and you are a McCain (former Bush) supporting Republican who thinks Ron Paul is a wacko? Did I get any of that right?

There seems to be a pattern in what people believe.
HEY!!!!!:eek:

Damnit im a Macain/Bush supporter. BUT I do agree their is somthing bigger behind the bailout. Not just well we dont want you gone.

I also agree. That it would have had huge ramifictions if left to fail.

But I think the bail out is going to cause problems down the road.

·
under prepared patriot
333 Posts
whatever the reasons they wernt because they cared about the little man.

Reactions: SHTF and TENNGRIZZ

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
most large government agencies- especially those in the intelligence biz have a number of false fronts- rather like the mafia- used as covers, and to help support operations financially. Call it legalized money laundering.

And yes, the Bureau does it too

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Makes a certain amount of sense after all where did the CIA put the drug money it was making in Vietnam or needed funneled during the Iran Contra affair. Whatever happened to Oliver North anyway. It seems to me a lot of the time money goes missing in the US government after all how much is a toilet seat going for in your hardware store. How much money comes out of the poppy fields in Afgan. I'm sure the CIA is taking their cut so they can pay to have some other dictator set up in another nation.
Who's guarding those poppy fields in the name of fighting terror. Such a noble cause don't you think?

This doesn't surprise me at all. Planes leased to the CIA crash in Mexico and are full of cocaine and no body says a word. AIG was "loaned" 10 billion by you and me even though no one asked us. But have faith cause I'm sure they will pay it all back. :mad:

Reactions: TENNGRIZZ

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
HEY!!!!!:eek:

Damnit im a Macain/Bush supporter. BUT I do agree their is somthing bigger behind the bailout. Not just well we dont want you gone.

I also agree. That it would have had huge ramifictions if left to fail.

But I think the bail out is going to cause problems down the road.
So your the one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Who's guarding those poppy fields in the name of fighting terror. Such a noble cause don't you think?

This doesn't surprise me at all. Planes leased to the CIA crash in Mexico and are full of cocaine and no body says a word. AIG was "loaned" 10 billion by you and me even though no one asked us. But have faith cause I'm sure they will pay it all back. :mad:
I think it was more to the tune of 85 billion. :(

·
Registered
195 Posts
I saw a report on Fox today. Shephard Smith and Judge Andrew Napalitano were talking about AIG's bailout. Napalitano said that the Constitution actually forbids the government from buying out or bailing out private businesses because govt. money is supposed to be used for the good of "all the people" not just the shareholders, owners or employees of those businesses. However, since the Constitution is "just a god-d*mn piece of paper", the govt. is doing it anyway. Napalitano also said that if this was ever challenged in court, the govt. would lose and the bailout would have to be reversed. Can anyone shed any light on what part of the Constitution they were talking about?

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Not wanting to spend the night teaching finance 101 I give to those that wish to know the link of truth. I know the folks here are above average thinkers and I'm shocked some would be lead into the arena of fear. You are not here because you are afraid you are here to learn how to be independent and self assured.

Sure its long and boring but don't you really want to know? Once and for all to really know? Then watch.

Money As Debt

So where did all the money go? You should be asking where it all came from. If you took the debit card and don't deal in 100% cash it was gone long ago. Now they can print new and devalue it by half. Hell they gave you some damn pink and purple monopoly money and no one said a word.

Understand this one thing. There is no money. There never was. There are only calculations of your work credits. See they stole your stock options. Then they stole what you had in your 401k. Then they just stole all your home equity that you needed to retire on. Now they will steal the very food from your mouths, just before they exterminate you. It is in the Georgia Guide stones. They set it to stone like every other civilization in the past.

The only things you really have are the physical things you have. And your freedom.......

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
Brew, thank you very, very much for posting that video. Blew me away. Up until I watched that video I thought I had a basic grasp of how our monetary system works. I was wrong.

If you're reading this post and you haven't seen this video than you should scroll back up to Brew's posted video and watch it. Be prepared to hit pause so you can read the quotes and comments.

Brew wrote "Sure its long and boring but don't you really want to know? Once and for all to really know? Then watch."

The one thing I disagreed with you about was in that quote. It is not boring in the least. Scary? You bet. Unsettling? Yep. A lot like peeking into a psychotic masochist's mind? Oh, yea. Our monetary system is absolutely insane, built specifically for failure.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
The problem with the bail out is simple. When the government attempts to manipulate the market, it always fails ... eventually. When the failure finally happens, it happens with exponentially greater consequences. Imagine a firecracker, if one by one you were to clip the fuses of firecrackers over the course of a few decades and then put them all together in one big box and lit them off. That is what happens with financial crisis when the government "bails them out". It merely prolongs the inevitable and ensures it will hurt more.

The other problem with any bail out is that of theft. Yes, I said theft. Investors made their investments knowing there were certain risks involved. Tax payers don't. What has happened is that investors have thrown the consequences of poor investing onto the tax payers. The risk should stay with the reward. Does anyone remember AIG investors sending money to the treasury when things were good?

It's always best to let an unstable institution fail. It will weed out the weak companies and allow them to be replaced by responsible competitors. The consequences of an honest free market action will always trump dealing with the consequences of a manipulated market.

Reactions: jblackburn77

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The above video explains how our financial system works and why we have absolutely not chance to fix this problem. It is a subconscious decision on the part of all of us to participate into this pyramid scheme knowing that eventually somebody will be left holding the bag.

Another analogy would be to say that participating in the banking/financial system is like playing musical chairs. Eventually, somebody who came into the game with a chair will be left standing, as there are only so many real chairs and when the music stop, not everyone will get a place to sit.

This has been going on for ages and will most likely start up again once the losers of this round are sorted out and tossed in the garbage bin of history.

We play this game knowing that there will be victims and hoping that they won't be us so yet another analogy could be to liken the banking/financing gig to playing Russian Roulette. Somebody will eventually pull the trigger on the loaded chamber.

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
its against the constution to use public money to bail out private buisness they talked about it on foxnews for about 30 seconds and i thaught the C.I.A made enough money selling drugs

1 - 20 of 31 Posts