Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking at buying a few firearms. :)

9mm Beretta 92F
12g Mossberg Pump, 500 or 590SP with full stock(no pistol grips here)
Lee Enfield .303
Also considering a deer rifle with a 30.06 cartridge. (recommendations?)

What kind of cash would you be willing to spend on each of these items?

Being a canadian has limited my buying options, and am also looking for any retailers in canada, since to my understanding Americans can not legally sell to canadians. Any reputable retail leads on this side of the border would be appreciative. :)

peace
al

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
If you are willing to buy used and are not rigid with manufacturer, check the pawn shops. Most of what you are looking for can be found there. Below I copied and pasted what you are looking for. In bold is what is I have bought a pawn shops and what I paid for it.

9mm Beretta 92F Ruger P-95dc $235 in box with 2 15 rd magazines (9mm)
12g Mossberg Pump, 500 or 590SP with full stock(no pistol grips here) Winchester model 1400 defender ($140.00)Lee Enfield .303 Mauser k98 ($ 80.00)
Also considering a deer rifle with a 30.06 cartridge. Remington Sportsman 74 auto w/ scope, sling and iron sights $227
All but the mauser were bought in the last 10 years. The 30-06 I bought in May 08.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Hey guys, im looking at buying a few firearms. :)

9mm Beretta 92F
12g Mossberg Pump, 500 or 590SP with full stock(no pistol grips here)
Lee Enfield .303
Also considering a deer rifle with a 30.06 cartridge. (recommendations?)

What kind of cash would you be willing to spend on each of these items?

Being a canadian has limited my buying options, and am also looking for any retailers in canada, since to my understanding Americans can not legally sell to canadians. Any reputable retail leads on this side of the border would be appreciative. :)

peace
al
A lot of deer have fallen to the .303 Enfield. Why would you need another rifle in the same category? personally I'd put the money dedicated to the Enfield and the deer rifle together and get one to do both jobs...

Allan

·
Registered
688 Posts
I don't think you can buy firearms from pawnshops in Canada. I've never seen one there.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Ditch the Beretta and get a Glock, more reliable.

·
Registered
317 Posts
ditch the glock and get a taurus, lifetime warranty,

and look at the mossberg 4x4 in .30-06 they are about $350 i think and have gotten good reviews

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
unless you are well versed in firearm mechanics, stay clear of pawn shops. You're not really gonna have anyone there that will take good care of it or know when theres a problem.

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont think ive ever seen any guns in local pawn shops. i think the rcmp has put a stop to that. i guess ill keep my eyes open.

thanks for all the input guys.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
A lot of deer have fallen to the .303 Enfield. Why would you need another rifle in the same category? personally I'd put the money dedicated to the Enfield and the deer rifle together and get one to do both jobs...

Allan
I am with Allan. The Enfield is one fine rifle that can do many jobs including any that a 30-06 can. Mine are in .308 but I can appreciate the worksmanship.

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm now im kickin myself for not grabbing that 303 at the gun show.
i was hesitant to buy it cause the sights were missing on it. it had a scope only.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
ditch the glock and get a taurus, lifetime warranty,

and look at the mossberg 4x4 in .30-06 they are about $350 i think and have gotten good reviews
My Glock did come w/ a lifetime warranty, not that I'll ever need it.

The Mossberg 4x4 is a decent rifle, but go with .308, more common caliber that 30-06

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
I am very happy with a Mossberg 100, so I can endorse it. If they put the same care into the 4X4 then it is probably just as good.

·
Prophet
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mabye i shouldve made the title of this thread: "How much would you pay for...?" LOL!

anyways, thanks for the comments

peace
al

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
for the beretta..um i have some lent in my pocket...lol really probably no more than $350

shotty about 3-400 and for the .303, i think there going for around 200 at our store.

the 30-06, depending i'd say about 4-500.

For the pistol...stay away. Used it in the military. for the price that thies go for, you can get a used Springfield XD.
shotgun-good gun but I own a rem 870 so i cant say much about it.
.303-is great but have no real experience
30-06...The Rem. 700.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts