Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a coworker, freind, neighbour. one day asked you about survialism or if you are a survialialist. what would be your response and why eg.

Would you tell them everything and bring them on board.

Say your interested but dont know where to start.

say you have a little put aside.

play dumb and let them spill the beans about their preps.

or keep your mouth shut entirley. but accept his information.

Me i would say i dont know much about it and ask them for guidance. keep my own preps on the down low. and see how the situation goes weather or not i would form an alliance or just go our seperate ways...

Would their occupation be a big descider, money, skills.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Funny...I had that happen recently. I was on the road, going from SE Ga. to Charlotte, NC, with our Ergonomics engineer. He started talking politics, my least favorite subject. I got him on the subject of guns, then I asked him about maybe putting away some extra food, ammo, as we were in the midst of being bought out. Anyways, he said he had about 2 months food, money, and some extra ammo "just In Case" I was floored. We didn't get along too well at the time and being stuck 5 hours just him & I in the company suburban was not what I called fun. I would never have figured him to prep for anything! At work or home!
Our Team is Industrial Safety. There are 7 of us including the Safety Leader. 2 RNs, 1 Ergonomics Engineer, 1 Chemical/Environmental Engineer and 2 Safety Technicians.
Last week my boss & I traveled to Lafayette, Ga. to tour a plant there. Beautiful area! Anyways, we got to talking, he is an avid bowhunter...he eats deer year round, his wife and 2 kids do as well. He has about a month in basics put back and a freezer full of deer and turkeys.
Again I was shocked. HE brought up having extra put up, as he knows I am in the middle of having to foreclose on someone who bought property and skipped town. Right now my finances are a big slack, the whole reason I sold the other property was to get out of debt, except for my house.
Sorry for the long post. :)

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
With all that said, did I expose what I have to them...no. I said I had a few weeks/month of food put up but that was about it. In a SHTF situation, as much as I like/get along with my boss, I could not imagine him and I bugging together...not because he is 34 and I am 41, but just his level of thinking.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Generally I leave it to the 72 hour prep suggested by the government (Canada) I don't include anything more then that. Here mentioning guns can get your guns stolen by gangs. I have talked to my mother and convinced her to move with us but I don't talk about the plan to have a year or two supply with anyone but the wife. I talk guns with people with guns. I talk gardens with people with gardens. Unless they are involved with a topic I avoid the topic.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
There is not a single person in our department at work that is interested in knives , survival or related subjects, sad, sad people.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I would just say go online and Google it. I don't tell anybody anything about my preps.
Where's my tin foil hat?

·
Carpe diem
258 Posts
In Sweden we have an open mind, so I tell them everything they will hear and bring them on board, and teach them everything I know…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts