1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Liberty Defense Agent
397 Posts
1. The US delays as long as possible to get involved.

Day 1
2. Oil speculators responsible for jump in gas prices - think $6-7/gal.

Day 33
3. The US, after several weeks, moves carriers AWAY from the Straight of Hormuz, towards the Arabian Sea - abandoning Israel.

Day 40
4. Iranian military officials and sympathetic Lebanese terrorists launch coordinated strikes from Lebanon and Iranian ships, launching into Gaza and Tel Aviv.
5. 2 Adult males and a 6 year old girl are caught at the border attempting to smuggle backpacks containing plastic explosives and nuclear material into the United States.
6. A Ford E350 Econoline Van explodes in San Antonio, Texas near Lackland AFB. 13 deaths.

Day 41
7. Another "plane" is seen flying completely vertical off the coast of Corpus Christi.
8. Anonymous takes down the DoD website.
9. Mitt Romney wins the GOP nominee.

Day 45
10. Some 40 unknown fighters are seen by American intelligence in Southern Turkey flying low heading south, out into the Med.
11. An Urgent American intel report from Stevastopol, where the Russian Black Sea is docked, never reaches Washington. That American's body is found 5 days later floating in the med.
12. Frantic operators report Multiple Missile impacts at Camp Buehring. Casualties Unknown. Later: 57 Servicemen/women dead. Strike origin unknown.
13. The U.S.S. Carl Vinson reports taking small arms fire from "about a dozen" small boats. An hour later, the boats are eliminated.

Day 46
14. The City of San Diego suffers a city-wide power outage.
15. A tractor trailer carrying unassembled American WMD's is attacked in Western Nebraska. The attack is unsuccessful. The attacker's identities are never revealed.

Day 49
16. The President sends 12000 troops into Syria.
17. Many Americans are still unaware.

Day 51
18. A surface to air missile is launched from a cargo train south of Nogales, heading towards Los Angeles.
19. The Missile is slightly off target, impacting in Riverside. 18,000 estimated dead/wounded.

Day 52
20. 38,000 confirmed dead.
21. A surface to air missile is launched from a small boat in Lake Michigan. It overshoots its' intended target (downtown) and impacts in Cicero. 11,000 Dead/Wounded.
22. Over 500 Guests at Ocean Key Resort and Spa in Key West die from food poisoning.

Day 53
23. The USS Virginia Attack Sub reports 4 Unknown Submarine's traveling north, approximately 350 miles west of South Carolina. The USS Virginia receives no response.
24. New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Boston Law Enforcement agencies receive interdepartmental memos about terrorism.
25. Some Americans are still unaware anything is wrong.

Day 58
26. Tel Aviv is hit with wave after wave of land based rockets. 3700 Dead.
27. Farmers in Nebraska and Iowa report massive crop die off. The harvest season is considered a colossal failure with an estimated 45% less yield than 2011.
28. A 10 MT Nuclear weapon is detonated at the Miami Seaport in Customs and Border Protection. 2 Million Dead.
29. A 10 MT Nuclear weapon impacts NYC. 14 Million Dead.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
My gut feeling, Israel is getting ready to attack Iran.

http://news.yahoo.com/happen-us-israel-attacks-iran-132824639--abc-news.html

Worst case situation, the war with Iran expands to include russia and china.
China could be hurt by the disruption of a source of oil, but Russia wouldn't have much to lose. They would probably both oppose any action Israel or the US took because of fears of US Imperialistic actions and the spillover of instability in their backyards, but I find it hard to believe they would take the opposition to the level of armed conflict. They would have more to lose than to gain from it.

If anything, China and Russia would secretly want us to keep weakening ourselves by getting involved in these stupid political wars where we gain no land and pour hundreds of billions of dollars into foreign infrastructure instead of domestic projects.

I'm sure Israel will make some kind of strategic attack in the near future, but it is more likely to result in a 1967 type outcome where their muslim neighbors all gang up and get their butts whooped again. I'd be fine if Israel didn't give the land back this time either.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
1. The US delays as long as possible to get involved.

28. A 10 MT Nuclear weapon is detonated at the Miami Seaport in Customs and Border Protection. 2 Million Dead.
29. A 10 MT Nuclear weapon impacts NYC. 14 Million Dead.
So China, Russia or Great Britain bomb YOU? That must suck... I can´t think of any other explanation, because Iran can´t even put together a 15 KT Hiroshima style nuke so the H-bombs must have been deployed by someone else.

·
North-American American
426 Posts
China could be hurt by the disruption of a source of oil, but Russia wouldn't have much to lose. They would probably both oppose any action Israel or the US took because of fears of US Imperialistic actions and the spillover of instability in their backyards, but I find it hard to believe they would take the opposition to the level of armed conflict. They would have more to lose than to gain from it.

If anything, China and Russia would secretly want us to keep weakening ourselves by getting involved in these stupid political wars where we gain no land and pour hundreds of billions of dollars into foreign infrastructure instead of domestic projects.

I'm sure Israel will make some kind of strategic attack in the near future, but it is more likely to result in a 1967 type outcome where their muslim neighbors all gang up and get their butts whooped again. I'd be fine if Israel didn't give the land back this time either.
Your post is a good one. China & Russia will most likely not attack the USA because they KNOW that even if the mainland USA were nuked (totally destroyed) our Ohio class submarines alone have enough Trident missiles with MIRV's (each missile has several nuclear warheads) that we would in turn obliterate whatever country launched a 1st strike at the USA.

We're destroying ourselves from with-in. Anybody notice the other day, Barack Hussein Obama scorned the Republicans as being "too casual about going to war" instead of threatening Iran???

Barack Hussein Obama has not & will not side with Israel. I believe that he, like other muslims, hates Israel. He wants to "negotiate" some more with Iran.....

I'm an Evangelical Christian who believes the Bible is God's Word. And the Holy Bible says in Genesis 12 that those "who bless you (Israel) will be blessed, and those who curse you will be cursed."

Psalm 122:6 "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem."

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
Well, engaging in 'not terribly quick so it would have to be half fast' speculation...

Israel would probably put the Iranian nuclear back a year or two. They wouldn't be able to destroy it because it's too widely scattered and secret, and some of their stuff is in underground bunkers that the Israelis may not have the technology to penetrate. But they would certainly slow it down.

No one would believe the U.S. didn't OK the attack. The world sees the U.S. and Israel as joined at the hip, moving in lock step. This would be seen as an unprovoked act of war of a sovereign nation, just like Iraq, just like Afghanistan. The retaliation would hit us BOTH.

This might well make Iran stronger. The Iranians are currently going through a BAD electoral process, with their ultra religious parties - the only ones being allowed to run - splintering and fighting, the general population very repressed, angry, and tired of being controlled by religious fanatics, and President Ahmadinejad trying to maneuver for power and to escape the control of the mullahs who really run the country. Last time they had a election like this there were riots in the streets and the authorities had to kill and suppress huge numbers of their own people to prevent a revolution; something that was a BIT embarrassing for an Islamic Republic that loves to say it rules by the will of the people. If Israel attacks, all that will disappear overnight as the Iranians pull together in the face of outside attack. The Iranians will be able to rebuild their nuclear program in a few years thanks to the massive amounts they get in oil revenue, and with the mullahs able to run the country on a war footing with the people behind them, next time they may not be as easy to stop.

An attack by Israel will shatter the international coalition trying to smother Iran under sanctions. If violence is being used, why bother with diplomacy or economics? Indeed, instead of sanctions on Iran, the Arab world may well join to put sanctions on the U.S. and Europe. Watch the economic recovery go belly up if that happens. With sanctions no longer crippling Iran's economy, they'll be able to rebuild faster. As well as charge that those nations trying to continue sanctions are obviously flunkies of Israel and the U.S. and deserving of attack themselves...

Russia and China will be furious. Russia especially if the attacks unleash nuclear fallout that reaches their territory. Putin is in a similar situation to Iran's mullahs, with his grip on power being weakened by popular unrest; pounding the war drums and restarting the Cold War might help him a great deal.

Syria, Iran's closest ally, may well worry it will be next. Especially with McCain saying the U.S. should bomb them, and the rebellion going on there. And Syria, unlike Iraq, DOES have weapons of mass destruction, and is right next to Israel.

Bottom line: We'd gain little, lose much, and things would probably go bad fast. The problem is, just as OUR internal politics are making us act like fools, Israeli's internal politics may be about to make them do something that they'll wind up really regretting.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
  • Big Oil will put gas to $4.50+/gallon.
  • Lockheed, Raytheon, etc. stocks will jump.
  • 10-15 times as many people die every year due to auto deaths than died on 9/11. Nonetheless, this will be used as an excuse to raise the military budget, cut back more civil liberties, and hike taxes.
  • The US military can't engage in a ground war with a 75+ million populace country, so it'll be an air war.
  • It'll show that the Likud runs US foreign policy.

If Iran got really desperate, it would probably decimate Israel. Israel would retaliate with nukes, but it wouldn't matter.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Do you own your back yard, or is it part of someone else's property?
The concept of backyard in world politics always defines someone else's territory. El Salvador? Cuba? Nicaragua? The US backyard since 1898.

·
Liberty Defense Agent
397 Posts
So China, Russia or Great Britain bomb YOU? That must suck... I can´t think of any other explanation, because Iran can´t even put together a 15 KT Hiroshima style nuke so the H-bombs must have been deployed by someone else.
I couldn't think of anything else. My creativity ran out and I honestly went further than intended. I don't actually think a nuke will go off. Besides, without the US, nobody buys China's crappy walmart stock and their economy fails.

I wonder if my above retraction will get me removed from the anti-american database I am likely on now.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
The concept of backyard in world politics always defines someone else's territory. El Salvador? Cuba? Nicaragua? The US backyard since 1898.
So what is the point of your accusation that I can't read a map? There are several weak former soviet states between Russia and Iran ... that is where instability would spill over into if there was a major conflict in Iran. That is what I said. That is what you said. Is there a point to trying to insult me, or are you just fluffly and cuddly like that?

·
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly
3,016 Posts
Your post is a good one. China & Russia will most likely not attack the USA because they KNOW that even if the mainland USA were nuked (totally destroyed) our Ohio class submarines alone have enough Trident missiles with MIRV's (each missile has several nuclear warheads) that we would in turn obliterate whatever country launched a 1st strike at the USA.

We're destroying ourselves from with-in. Anybody notice the other day, Barack Hussein Obama scorned the Republicans as being "too casual about going to war" instead of threatening Iran???

Barack Hussein Obama has not & will not side with Israel. I believe that he, like other muslims, hates Israel. He wants to "negotiate" some more with Iran.....

I'm an Evangelical Christian who believes the Bible is God's Word. And the Holy Bible says in Genesis 12 that those "who bless you (Israel) will be blessed, and those who curse you will be cursed."

Psalm 122:6 "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem."
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/04/04/obama-family-marks-easter-at-washington-d-c-church/

·
Banned
9,794 Posts

Change a few words......blame Iran. Sure...........

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
A lot of people on both sides will die, Iran's neighbors will be secretly applauding Israel for reducing the Iranian threat although publicly they will have mock anger, Iran's proxies will step up their terror attacks globally, oil prices will skyrocket, there will be much hand wringing and outcry, the US will be labeled as encouraging Israel, and the people of the Middle East will go hating each other as they have forever.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts