Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the ultimate survivor **** or knowledge or whatnot?

I've been reading all these these posts for a few days and it seems like everyone has tips and techniques and opinions mostly, and I know most people are gonna say that there is no one thing or whatnot that makes for ultimate survival, nevertheless I want to hear what people think is most important.

To me the most important thing is the belief system of a survivor. Not just a will to survive but the developement of a "willing to die for" belief system that compells them to endure any hardship, adapt to any circumstance, and overcome any obstacles. I think the 300 spartans at the battle of thermopalyea are a good example of what a morally sound belief system can do to a vaste army of morally unsound slaves. They were completely mentally prepaired and proud to fight and die with honor for their beliefs. They would not submit to the least bit of authority over Sparta or Spartan law from the Persian tyrant who merely wanted some earth and water. I've been doing a lot of soul searching on this and I think the question I still can't answer that everyone should ask themselves is that, we are all going to die someday, but what will you have died for? Do you have a belief system that you would die for? Is it merely based on self preservation and loved ones? What kind of society would exist if everyone were only willing to defend themselves?
I believe this is why the spartans were able to win the war but lose the battle of thermopalea, and this is why greek civilization prospered and gave birth to western civilization. This is the most inspirational battle of all time imo.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
The red messed me up too. If you really look at it the ultimate survivor is the guy or gal that is not the best prepared, or the most physically fit, or is the youngest. When you look at survivors of all sorts you will find that the person who has the mindset survives. You have to believe you are going to make it through. In one case there were 5 guys who had heart attacks on the same day in one hospital. Four of them should have walked out the next day and they all died within 48 hours. One guy was dead on arrival technically. He hung on for days through 6 more attacks and a 2week long coma. When he could talk again the first thing he told his doctor was to get him fixed or he was going home. That was 1994. He was focused on surviving.

As the doctor said there was no reason other than God and his will to survive that got him through.

In the Twin Towers. The people who left followed their instinct and got out were the survivors. Most avoided danger. Survivors know when to walk away. WE have to also. Surviving is more a matter of what your head is about. you can lose all your gear, your food, your water but as long as you keep your head about you, you can survive.

·
Banned
317 Posts
Every time that we drive a car we are a survivor as when we cross a street or even when we have a fight with our wife.....and I do mean survivor.

We are all "survivalists" but most don't realise this because it has become their way of life, in what is to come all that you will be doing is to take your survivalist skills up one more level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts