Survivalist Forum banner

I would...

• Take the Offensive, and fight for what is Right.

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • I would slip out the back into the woods and hide.

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • I would turn in my guns, and be relieved it was finally over.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I'd turn in a few, and Hope they did not have evidence of the rest of them.

Votes: 11 21.2%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
ÐìrtýÐëëdsÐøñëÐìrtÇhëâþ
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simple...

You have heard rumors they are going door to door in other states confiscating guns. You see / hear a commotion at a neighbors house, you look and and see 8 - 10 officers, unmarked black trucks, black BDU's and military assault weapons attempting to gain entry into "John's" house... you know he has a decent collection, and has vowed to NOT allow them to be taken. You can only assume your house is next.... What do you do ?

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
same here depends how many there are but noing some of my neighbors the will give up theres i would rather die on my fight then live on my knees

·
Registered
435 Posts
only 8 of them? I can take 2 or 3 my bro and dad will take 2 or 3 each. really honestly. If its only 10 of them they will not make it out. They'll be in a crossfire and have no place to go.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
only 8 of them? I can take 2 or 3 my bro and dad will take 2 or 3 each. really honestly. If its only 10 of them they will not make it out. They'll be in a crossfire and have no place to go.
so what happens when they radio in ( wich they are certain to do) Now your a target for the next one. The more you look like the sheep, The longer you live.

·
Registered
435 Posts
hard to be a sheep and still fight. only way ONLY WAY they'll get my hood is air strikes and tanks. That's all I'm saying you know they are watching this.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
hard to be a sheep and still fight. only way ONLY WAY they'll get my hood is air strikes and tanks. That's all I'm saying you know they are watching this.
Both good points, Most of the time your brain is your best weapon. IMO... You would be better off to out think them

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think the best way to handle it is to have the whole neighborhood helping each other out. There is strength in numbers, you might also prevent uneccessary shooting. A show of force would be the best option, if that didn't work then take the next steps accordingly.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I agree with safety in numbers, taking care of eachother. When they come knocking If all of my niebors give up their small stash of weapons maybe they will continue on their way

·
ÐìrtýÐëëdsÐøñëÐìrtÇhëâþ
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in their struggle for independence." C. A. Beard

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be even a worse fate. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Winston Churchill

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere
restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with
all that is good."-- George Washington

The Constitutions of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." ----- Thomas Jefferson

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.” -Edward Abbey

"Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd." — Jon Roland, 1976

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. Thomas Paine

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government. Lest it come to dominate our lives and interests. Patrick Henry

A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. Benjamin Franklin

You cannot invade the mainland United States . There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass. Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"...that standing army can never be formidable (threatening) to the liberties
of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in the use of arms."
(Federalist Paper #29) Alexander Hamilton

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and
include all men capable of bearing arms." (Additional letters from the Federal Farmer, at 169, 1788) Richard Henry Lee

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of
other countries, whose people are afraid to trust them with arms." (Federalist Paper #46) James Madison

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (T. Jefferson papers,
334, C.J. Boyd, Ed. 1950) Thomas Jefferson

"A free people ought to be armed." (Jan 14 1790, Boston Independent
Chronicle.) George Washington

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason

"...the states cannot, even laying the constitutional provision in question out of view, prohibit the people from keeping and bearing arms..." U.S. Supreme Court, 1886

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Shocked T. Roosevelt

"The Second Amendment similarly appears to contain an express limitation on the government's authority. If the Second Amendment is read to confer a personal right to 'keep and bear arms,' a colorable argument exists that the Federal Government's regulatory scheme, at least as it pertains to possession of firearms, runs afoul of that amendment's protections" (U.S. v. Printz, 1997) CLARENCE THOMAS (Supreme Court Justice)

Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms...The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard, against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible." (22 October 1959) HUBERT H. HUMPHREY (Senator, Vice President)

"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." ALBERT EINSTEIN

"Every man of you who is equipped, follow me..Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want to have a war, let it begin here." Lexington, MA, 19 April 1775, as British troops approached on their march to Concord to implement gun control (Mine Eyes Have Seen, Goldstein 1997 & Quotes for the Military Writer, U.S. Army Command Information Unit, Library of HQ TRADOC)

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson Papers p. 334, 1950

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.... The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1

"As the military forces which must occasionally be raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the next article (of amendment) in their right to keep and bear their private arms." Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789

"The powers of the sword, say the minority of Pennsylvania, is in the hands of Congress. My friends and countrymen, it is not so, for the powers of the sward are in the hands of the yeomanry of America from sixteen to sixty. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress have no right to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American.... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." Pennsylvania Gazette, February 20, 1788

"No free government was ever founded or ever preserved its liberty, without uniting the characters of the citizen and soldier in those destined for the defense of the state.... Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders, citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property, as individuals, and their rights as freemen." State Gazette (Charleston), September 8, 1788

"Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possesion and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

"That the people have a Right to mass and to bear arms; that a well regulated militia composed of the Body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper natural and safe defense of a free State..." George Mason

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789 Elbridge Gerry

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." -- Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775 Thomas Paine

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed

[W]hereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it. Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb.

Government is not the answer to the problem, Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

·
Wendigo244
103 Posts
Stick a pistol and a rifle inside a short piece of 12" sanitary pipe with a cap on both ends. First wrap guns with an old old towel then with plastic, bury below the frost line (so there will be no temperature change.) Hell ya can even store a little ammo.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Nothing. My neighbors suck. I have tried many times over 8 years on the cul du sac to et to know the neighbors and they just don't five a #### about nothing but decapitated grass lawns.

·
ÐìrtýÐëëdsÐøñëÐìrtÇhëâþ
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
READ the Scenario.... Hell it's over a mile to my nearest neighbor, and I can read a scenario and answer accordingly... This was not a question about your neighbors, it was about YOU, and how much you love the Liberty that Many have died for to Give you.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
very simple its time to leave!

get to a safe location i.e. my bol with what weapons you can call the group for a meeting have some of the group gather info to see if this is happening else where if so we set up to partys are town party and are bug out party town party does the 9-5 works acts as sheep the bug out party goes to the primary bol and starts checking every thing out make sure every thing works as to my neighbor if its josh he knows to let them take his weapons if there not gonna take him with them. we'll have backups for him but we don't have a back-up josh for his weapons if its the other neighbor sorry buddy though luck there.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think the best way to handle it is to have the whole neighborhood helping each other out. There is strength in numbers, you might also prevent uneccessary shooting. A show of force would be the best option, if that didn't work then take the next steps accordingly.
Already there man although people here don't believe in this way of thinking. They are firm believers in "its every man for him self at that point." Although my neighborhood has taken steps to make sure we are safe. Night time patrols, spotter sniper teams and so on.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
They won't go door to door. They'll incrementally outlaw certain guns, and expect people to turn them in. There will be grace periods and such. Long before guys in riot suits show up to your door, you'll know they're coming.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Video cameras rolling, cell phones in hand, and armed! Once I got the goods on them, I'd book and find a source who would broadcast it! If the situation escalated, and the thugs came after me because I was recording, I would defend myself. Even if I got shot for my efforts....

I want you to remember to disable their vehicles as fast as you can! Tires, radiators, are soft belly targets. All glass is vulnerable, and interiors burn. Molotov cocktails work too! Cans of white latex paint mixed with oil tossed across windshields and or peep holes of armoured personal carriers will create a hell of mess.
Police lines with plastic defense shields and face masks are sitting ducks to molotov cocktails, industrial grade liquid soap, and again latex paint...they are counting on being able to see...
A couple gals of gasoline thrown, and ignited onto the back engine area of APC's will pretty much kill them...
2x4's or 4x4's tossed into the tracks of an APC will detrack it. So will concrete blocks.
If it is running on eight tires, gun them untill it can't navigate...

During severe riots, police cars are routinely rolled over and burned...sending the cops to flee on foot!

Smoke grenades and tear gas grenades can be swooped up with a simple scoop device, a tossed back in the goons directions...don't attempt with bare hands, because these things are nearly red hot...if you have a gas mask on, your could use a heavy duty oven mitt and pick it up and lob it down a sewer....

You can fight back! You don't have to stand there like a country rube picking your nose!

Yes, the goons have new suprise anti personal non lethal weapons...but, right now very few agencies have them at their disposal...

As far as water cannons are concerned, a roof top shot can blow out those super duty tires, and bring it to an immediate halt...

There's always a way to stop them! What they are counting on is your fear, and lack of knowledge!

Scatter around and open up fire hydrants to blow water into the streets...

Organize and have a neighborhood group who'll immediately yank up and away all street manhole covers...the retreating wheeled goon vehicles will be in a hurry to move out, and if you can blockade the streets rapidly enough, you can guide them right into the gapping holes! Then you can throw a hot sloppy bucket of roofing tar onto the the vehicle and occupants!

think, get creative, show no fear, and don't roll over to the storming goons! They will fear you more if they know you aren't afraid of them!

common on, what are your ideas that the average home owners could do to thwart the goonies...there are millions of ideas...

You must think and act like the resistance!

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
I would start sniveling and sobbing,then go out and lick their boots.
Then tell the masters that my neighbor has some of his guns in my house to,and to please take the evil things.And shoot my two little dogs if you want,they might need killin.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
you know me --- hide everything they dont know i have give up what i have ta

rearm my neighbor and

when in the course of human events it becomes necessary........

1 - 20 of 67 Posts