Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"FerFal" Aguirre and his life after the Argentina Economic Collapse of 2001

Hello survivalists. In the survivalist section of a certain gun forum I came across a informative link about what it will look like in a WROL (Without rule or law) situation. Since this has to do with survival, I thought i'd share it.

http://www.mrlockandload.com/What_Will_WROL_Look_Like

This is a first hand account from Fernando "FerFAL" Aguirre of his life after the Argentina Economic Collapse of 2001
I have not read it completely yet, but I think it's good.

:)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You may be

seeing this starting to happen in Greece as thier economy gets worse. The greeks are turning on the illigal aliens that are turning to robbing and killing, Greek youths are getting mad and going after the aliens. This may be the start of a major breakdown Mmmmm will it grow across other euro countries in hard times.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,254 Posts
FerFAL's experience is highly valuable. He was able to give us a view of what it's like from the inside. He's a member here but hasn't been very active lately.

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
FerFAL's story was/is very insightful and it made me rethink some aspects of my life and preparations.

I think it should be required reading for anyone that is serious about making it through an economic collapse without losing everything near and dear to them.

·
Destroyer of Karen
11,279 Posts
YES, you need a gun, pepper spray, a machete, a battle axe, club with a rusty nail sticking out of it, or whatever weapon you can get hold of.
My favorite quote :)

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
ferfal recommended haveing a pistol/revolver as carrying around a long gun can cause trouble.
makes sense in town although no handgun is a substitute for a long gun when it's needed.
some of the folding or collapsible stock carbines can be hidden somewhat though. I have a 9mm folder stock carbine myself.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ferfal recommended haveing a pistol/revolver as carrying around a long gun can cause trouble.
makes sense in town although no handgun is a substitute for a long gun when it's needed.
some of the folding or collapsible stock carbines can be hidden somewhat though. I have a 9mm folder stock carbine myself.
like the kel tec sub 2000? that is such a NICE gun

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i spent a good amount of time in Somalia, which was a total world without rule or law. it was honest and pure anarchy, there was no government, and other than us (US military and the UN) there was no authority. it was all clan ruled. clan fighting, etc. there were no solo survivalists. it was all clans.

from a survival aspect, groups are going to be stronger than singles, and strong groups will survive longer than weak groups. it's not always the intelligent groups either, quite the opposite. intelligent people try to reason, the "dumb" ones attack first, attack brutally, and usually get what they want. seems not fair, but that is how it works. in a "survival" situation, brutality, cunning, and sheer stubbornness seem to be the traits to have. you might be smart enough to collect water, grow food, and make electricity out of lint and paper clips, but someone who is dumb and brutal will take it from you by force. this is my opinion based off of actually seeing this behavior in a real life situation and watching the dumb guys with guns destroy and decimate the smart guys who were growing food and trying to create a decent life.

·
Semper Fi
2,808 Posts
Yeah, it would be bad. Burning buildings, already looted out. Roadblocks set up to rob, pillage, rape and murder... 30 min drive becomes hell on the way home, days of combat patrol house to house, car to car, tree to tree... Having a carbine in the vehicle, hopefully we have advance warning, would be awesome. Pistols can only handle so much, close in. Element of surprise- and can use while driving...

Plenty of ammo Having a one caliber carbine/pistol combo would be excellent but realisticly, 9mm carbines dont punch through cover like 223 or 7.62x39 If the enemy is shooting from behind cars, with rifles from 50+ yards, a pistol is near worthless! Those of us in the cities, forewarned- could happen any minute, with little warning. In the country, not so much. Unless theres a meth shortage or something!! =)

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
We're already seeing the beginning of it. Global corporate fiefdoms, and no unifying laws at all. There are a few interesting classes of people who don't like laws:

1. The independent live-and-let-live libertarian or non-destructive anarchist. He can exist fine without being told/directed what to do. He doesn't benefit from government.

2. Organized crime. They don't like laws, for obvious reasons.

3. Multi-national corporations. Laws are national vestiges that dent their style. Better to have utterly free global reign and no laws at all. Put the kids back into the factories, raise private armies, subvert governments, etc. The "deregulation" crowd.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
More like Somalia. A feudal state, gang law. In the US, it'll be a corporate state. China, India, Mexicans, drug cartels, Big Oil, Big Banks, etc. will just carve us up and apply their own rules, insofar as they can lean on a State to enforce them, or enforce them directly themselves by means of private armies. What makes it "feudal" is lack of an over-arching legal system, and the emergence of heterogeneous rulesets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts