Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use a Seiko Titanium chonograph . Since I am a Watchmaker/jeweler Batteries are not a problem. If I had to buy a watch today I would go with a Citizens Eco drive With a stainless steel case. We sell them and they cause very few problems. By the way a analog watch can be used as a Compass follow this link http://www.learn-orienteering.org/old/nocompass1.html

The Wood Duck

·
Registered
798 Posts
Good ol Casio G-shock. 80$ I think im going to get a solar G-shock though. I cant afford a Eco-drive. The casios are bullet proof. Ive had mine 6 years. Coverd in scratches, never broke, used two batteries up.

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
Luminox Navy Seal dive watch. Had it for 7 years now. I'm tough on watches 'cause I'm always in or around water and it has never failed me. I've worn the black finish completely off the back, broke and replaced the strap twice and broke the timing bezel once. Luminox repaired everything quickly and reasonably.

I'd get one again if this one dies, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Don't know, actually. It's a pocket watch my daughter bought for Christmas a few years back. Has a Locomotive on the front and the face says "japan movt" and "quartz". I always carry a pocket watch unless I'm riding my motorcycle and then I wear a Timex wristwatch as it's a little inconvenient to try and dig out the pocket watch at 60mph to see what time it is.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts