Survivalist Forum banner
51001 - 51020 of 51290 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Spent the afternoon getting things for the dehydrator. Put some corn in the dehydrator along with some garlic that I shredded. Just checked it after about 2 hrs and now the garlic is turning green!!! Has anyone had this happen? Last time I sliced it with my rotary shredder/slicer and the garlic turned out great. Sure hate to throw the garlic out but also don't want to risk anyone getting sick.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Never seen green garlic before.............no idea'r.

Golden Harvest lids. Our has been priced at $1.47 since late last year when they started getting flats in. Just checked again online and they are now $2.47

Kinda late here for pics, as garden shades about 6pm, but took em anyway. :p

Another 25' row of 16 Early Girl plants
25' row (another) of green okra
Two 37' rows of Russets
25' row of turnips (tops/greens for the piggies)
25' row of 16 Jet Star plants.

Made my goal of 6 rows during the heat.

Plant Sky Fence Tree Natural landscape
Plant Wheel People in nature Tire Sky
Plant Sky Vehicle Tree Agricultural machinery

·
Homesteader
4,478 Posts

Golden Harvest lids. Our has been priced at $1.47 since late last year when they started getting flats in. Just checked again online and they are now $2.47

Two 37' rows of Russets

View attachment 440133 View attachment 440134 View attachment 440135

Good looking land and gardens there. :)

·
Registered
20,422 Posts

Two 37' rows of Russets

Sure is lush and green! I hope our next place is similar. envy

·
Registered
403 Posts
Spent the afternoon getting things for the dehydrator. Put some corn in the dehydrator along with some garlic that I shredded. Just checked it after about 2 hrs and now the garlic is turning green!!! Has anyone had this happen? Last time I sliced it with my rotary shredder/slicer and the garlic turned out great. Sure hate to throw the garlic out but also don't want to risk anyone getting sick.
I've had garlic turn blue when I lacto-fermented it.... not sure what happens when it's dehydrated

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Sure is lush and green! I hope our next place is similar. envy
Good looking land and gardens there. :)
Thanks Ted, Bruce. We like the place. Currently shipping ticks. Free, with free shipping. 🙃
We've had a lot of rain, thus the 3 weeks planting delay.
Calling for rain tonight. I see far off lighting, NE of us.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes. I put the tractor tiller back on and am re-tilling from the initial spring till and breaking the hardened top up again, then using the TroyBilt, 2 passes, and it's decent now.
But not tilling unless I plant right after. I don't want the moisture to all dry up. This sudden 90 degree (summer moved in overnight) temp and the 5-10mph wind dries the top back out within a hour or 2.
No time now, but this fall I need to ad more sand again. I noticed when I shoveled up the pole bean row, streaks of red clay are coming up again.
About a month ago I tilled up a new garden for my cousin who lives down the road a ways. I bought that 84 Troy Bilt Horse last summer. I started off taking about 2 inches at a time. I about 3 hrs. I had the tines buried on a patch of his yard about 35' x 70'. He took care of the rocks as I kicked them up and he even dug a few out by hand.
I had thought about getting rid of that tiller because I only use it once in the spring and once in the fall. The rest of the growing season I use a smaller front tine tiller to get in between the rows. But after being able to make a garden on new ground, I've changed my mind.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve had garlic cloves turn blue/green when making pickles. Not sure what causes this to happen but it doesn’t affect taste nor have we ever got sick from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Homesteader
4,478 Posts
Thanks Ted, Bruce. We like the place. Currently shipping ticks. Free, with free shipping. 🙃
We've had a lot of rain, thus the 3 weeks planting delay.
Calling for rain tonight. I see far off lighting, NE of us.

They are scarce here this year so package up a few thousand of them and ship them to me. Thanks for your generous offer. 😁

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
They are scarce here this year so package up a few thousand of them and ship them to me. Thanks for your generous offer. 😁
No no no...
Because that would bring them a few hundred miles closer to me, and they would find their way here! 😉

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
If you have some extra sunshine you can share that.🌞
We got plenty extra sunshine here below Houston I just can't figger a way to package it. If you have plenty of rain try to send some here.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

Two 37' rows of Russets

Have you rigged a "manifold" system to water 2 or more rows in multiples of 2. I did that several years ago with our 3 front beds. I could water 1, 2 or all in any order depending on where it was needed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
51001 - 51020 of 51290 Posts