Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
46761 - 46780 of 46822 Posts

·
Retired and luvin it!
1,057 Posts
Sorted through a box of extra and misc keys putting a few extra sets together for our cabin (our BOL if needed) .
Updated the spreadsheet for the various master key # for the padlocks in the event I need to replace them.
Each key (and house keys) are color coded (but not marked on the right) for easy identification. These are a plastic/vinyl "ring" that goes around the larger part of the key.

Now down to a mere 20ish still unidentified keys :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorted through a box of extra and misc keys putting a few extra sets together for our cabin (our BOL if needed) .
Updated the spreadsheet for the various master key # for the padlocks in the event I need to replace them.
Each key (and house keys) are color coded (but not marked on the right) for easy identification. These are a plastic/vinyl "ring" that goes around the larger part of the key.

Sports equipment Automotive lighting Body jewelry Font Measuring instrument

??

·
Republic of Texas
1,729 Posts
Pamela's supposed to be coming our way, 2-6 inches of rain in 2 days. Dumped all the gas cans into ATV, mowers and cars, then ran up and filled them up. Tested generator #1, a bit hard to start, so brought #2 up from the shop. Firewood loaded on back porch, batteries charged, etc... typical hurricane routine. Lost power Sunday night, caught me by surprise (so did a copperhead), so wanted to have my game face on for this one.
Yeah they're saying 2-5" here. Tomorrow is payday so heading out to do all that stuff before the rain starts. In the meantime I've changed dead flashlight batteries, etc.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Bagged lots of walnuts today. Total of 70 bags now. May consider hauling some off this week.
Other odds and ends. Also got my Amazon replacement cases (2) of Vienna sausages (48 cans each) today, and they did a much better job of packing them, each in a separate box. So I'm full up on those for a while. 🙃 😂
Got them dated and stored away.

·
Barrio Bajo Señor
3,978 Posts
Don’t know what the heck I’m gonna do with 60 of these but I got them coming for .63 a piece, another case study of buying cheap and stacking deep
Liquid Fluid Font Automotive tire Transparency
of

·
Survivor
17,448 Posts

Good idea, I have keys in my pocket from two fires ago that don't go to anything now. Today is a good day to sort and organize.

·
Survivor
17,448 Posts
After getting my keys organized, I made up a small batch of chorizo from some pork scraps (no lymph nodes or salivary glands), turned out good so I will put the recipe in my folder. Currently about to slice up some bottom round roast to run through the cuber for packaging and freezing and a couple for dinner.
Food Tableware Countertop Ingredient Kitchen appliance
Automotive design Interior design Grey Floor Flooring

·
Registered
192 Posts
8 lb organic cane sugar
5lb jasmine rice
Razors to keep clean shaven
Fried onions for burgers
Cajun and Italian spice, herbs de provence
5 buckets with lids
50 mylar bags with O2 absorbers
I need a heat sealer for the mylar, and good organic storable coffee and creamer, coffee roaster for shtf/no electricity

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Purchased 4 #10 cans of Augason, while still available. Tried to buy 8, but Amazon (Augason is seller) has a limit of 4 on what I bought.
Bagged more walnuts.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Purchased 4 #10 cans of Augason, while still available. Tried to buy 8, but Amazon (Augason is seller) has a limit of 4 on what I bought.
Bagged more walnuts.

have you thought about selling some walnuts as seeds? might be a nice mark up ,,,check post office for a box [small ] that if it fits it ships , and figure out about how many fit ,and make that your package size

·
Padre in the woods
2,785 Posts
Still laying low due to back problems, but did find time to visit with my neighbor. I've been working out logistics and time schedules for the move. Made a list of "disposable" items, and those to sell locally that I don't need. This afternoon I spent time making notes on places to get the best bang for the buck on bulk items to be subdivided for storage. Picked up a US Plastics catalog for ideas on storage.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
have you thought about selling some walnuts as seeds? might be a nice mark up ,,,check post office for a box [small ] that if it fits it ships , and figure out about how many fit ,and make that your package size
Been a while since I've thought about that. Thanks. I could use a small flat-rate vcr box and get 20 or so nuts in there, maybe more.

·
Padre in the woods
2,785 Posts
US Plastics - Lima OH just off I-75, south of US-81. They have a showroom for retail sales, but you can buy on line and have it shipped to you. For me, the paper catalog is easier to navigate than their web site.

Fair Radio is off I-75 and then north on US-65. Lots of surplus stuff, especially radio gear. Never know when you might have to put up an HF antenna out in the field.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Made 15 pounds of smoked German sausage today. Used Hi-mountain seasoning and cure. Smoked it for 2 hours in my Big Chief smoker and finished it in the oven

Ordered some AC Legg sausage seasonings. #6 & #10 breakfast mix, boudin, Italian, snack stick, east Texas hotlink and bratwurst. Got some high temp cheddar,sheep and hog castings.

I think this is one of the best batches I've made. The skins have a good pop and they're moist and juicy. I double ground and remixed half of the meat before stuffing it. Has a great texture. The wild hog sow I got had the perfect amount of fat.

Saturday starts my 10 vacation for muzzleloader season in Arkansas. Going to do all I can to fill the freezer for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I picked the last young apple tree in the orchard yesterday and mowed a lot to thwart cover for voles, I lost two 5 year old apple trees this year to vole damage to their roots despite watering them . I have some more mowing to do this month .

View attachment 387120
Sale them to the woke animals

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
they dont last forever...check your use by dates... firestarted

·
I have control issues
6,463 Posts
After getting my keys organized, I made up a small batch of chorizo from some pork scraps (no lymph nodes or salivary glands), turned out good so I will put the recipe in my folder.
Care to share that Chorizo recipe? We use it all the time for my husband's breakfast burritos and also for Dirty Rice, etc. The butcher does make some good chorizo, but I'd like to try making my own.

46761 - 46780 of 46822 Posts