Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
46741 - 46760 of 46821 Posts

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
Pushed too hard today and now I’m feeling like crap. Got all the roof plywood put on and two walls got sheathed. One long and one short wall. The wind wasn’t as bad but it still makes me fight trying to maneuver stuff and not get blown off the roof. My back definitely wasn’t pleased by all the twisting.
Took a hot shower and now I feel almost feverish. Not sure if it was too much sun, not enough water, too much exertion, all the above? Time to eat then head to bed…

·
I have control issues
6,463 Posts
Since I had to go to the city for a post-surgical follow-up appointment, did a Sam's/Costco run, as well. Couldn't get the TP, as they were out, but DID get the 15-pack of paper towels, also 6-pack of canned chicken breast, large container of curry powder. and other items for stocking up. On the way back home, also stopped at the grocery store in town to pick up the sourdough bread I had re-ordered.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Processed more green beans for the freezer, harvested and processed the rest of my carrot crop, and tried the food bars I bought from that 4Patriots site. Not bad, though inconvenient that they give you 9 per pack and no reseal option. Maybe I will try them as meal replacements to use up the rest of that pack. They do have a fair amount of sugar in them, though not as much as I feared - 14g/bar. Turns out they are the Mainstay brand, which can be found on Amazon and elsewhere for a bit less then what I paid. So I don't have to deal with 4Patriots again if I decide I want more of them.

·
A marathon not a sprint
5,323 Posts
Why thank you , I make my home a sanctuary so I don't have to spend money going on vacations :D;) It's work but I love living here . Always working on it for function, efficiency, comfort, security , versatility , beauty , revenue and for multigenerational living the past 6 years and ongoing. Tiny bites out of this elephant daily .

·
Registered
620 Posts
Pamela's supposed to be coming our way, 2-6 inches of rain in 2 days. Dumped all the gas cans into ATV, mowers and cars, then ran up and filled them up. Tested generator #1, a bit hard to start, so brought #2 up from the shop. Firewood loaded on back porch, batteries charged, etc... typical hurricane routine. Lost power Sunday night, caught me by surprise (so did a copperhead), so wanted to have my game face on for this one.

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
Pamela's supposed to be coming our way, 2-6 inches of rain in 2 days. Dumped all the gas cans into ATV, mowers and cars, then ran up and filled them up. Tested generator #1, a bit hard to start, so brought #2 up from the shop. Firewood loaded on back porch, batteries charged, etc... typical hurricane routine. Lost power Sunday night, caught me by surprise (so did a copperhead), so wanted to have my game face on for this one.
Anderson?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Went to Costco yesterday afternoon... no shortage there, employees I asked about deliveries said she didn't see any changes. The only reason some shortage was due to people buying things up like they normally do.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Flour in the freezer? Does it need to be vacuum sealed, or you throw the bag right in?
I just put it in the freezer as soon as I buy it. I never even thought about vacuum sealing it. That might be better. There’s only a couple things I like more than a nice, relaxing afternoon of vacuum sealing!

The only thing I ever bake is hardtack, though. For a while around here, there was zero flour. For a while, there were zero vacuum bags!

·
Padre in the woods
2,785 Posts
Pain day. Been dealing with a back issue so I've been chilling a lot, and doing desk work. Pain pill took the edge off, but not completely. I ordered some more survival food, mostly to try different items, etc.

After the pain pill kicked it, I repaired the trailer, welding on a new stand and coupler. Taking it over to paint, tomorrow.

That's all I accomplished. Sad but I hurt.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle fork Bicycle part Bicycle accessory

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got inspired by the SensiblePrepper on YouTube and decided I needed to practice with a handsaw, not my chainsaw. In a grid down or extended power outage scenario I’d need to rely on myself. Wheeeeeew…. My skills are rusty! Took down a small dead tree and it took much longer than it should have. Then I got it hooked in the fork of another tree. So tomorrow when it’s light out I gotta go fix that up. Good practice though- I can’t rely on electronic and gas-powered devices to do all the dirty work in my life.

46741 - 46760 of 46821 Posts