Survivalist Forum banner

45321 - 45340 of 45425 Posts

·
Padre in the woods
1,803 Posts
Picked up a couple of Ambient Weather WS2902C weather stations and WH31E sensors. Saving for the new place.

Edit, 2 hours later: Got excited and put one together and tried it out on the back patio. I'm excited!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Got in a decent gardening day. It's been warming up. About 90 today.
Return a bunged up Augason #10 can from Amazon. 🤐

·
Registered
90 Posts
My prep for today was all done in the garden. Side dressed the potatoes, and put in the last two rows of Blue Lake beans. I will start caging tomato plants tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. The heat and humidity really got to me today!

·
Registered
18,963 Posts
Ted, I don't see a drink cooler on it.
Cooler,no. But it has more drink holders than my 86 F250.

Got home and the wife wasn’t happy that the lawn mower repair guy said the rider won’t be done until mid June. So I trekked to the back yard to see what I had that had (maybe) some hope of running. The best of the 3 derelict push mowers was an ‘06 toro I rescued from the side of the road back when we lived in the apartment. Spent a few minutes cleaning the fuel tank, carb bowl, spark plug, etc. poured in a lil fresh gas and it started after about a dozen pulls. The carb primer bulb is cracked from dry rot but it actually runs fairly well. Doesn’t seem like it’s putting out all 6.5 hp but it should be able to handle the weeds at their current height. I’ll take off the side discharge cover so it isn’t trying to mulch too and see if that helps. Don’t want to make it work too well or the wife will have me out here all night with a headlamp. Haha.

·
I have control issues
6,191 Posts
Been a bit since I've posted. Husband's payday today, so added more to the cash stash, as well as paying the last 2 bills for this month. Still have my paycheck to come in this week, so that will go towards savings. Our paychecks towards the end of the month will get a jump start on next month's bills (vehicles, mortgage, tractor and phone/internet/electricity)

Toothbrush heads that I ordered for husband's rechargeable toothbrush arrived today. The model he has is "discontinued", so was glad I could find the toothbrush heads. He should be set for toothbrush heads until the thing dies of old age. I just use an old-fashioned manual toothbrush....WAY cheaper!

Been harvesting zucchini and yellow squash from the garden. Cutting it up and freezing it.

·
Stop YOLOing
3,352 Posts
Those Toros are beasts! I had one that ended up sitting for over three years with gas and oil in it. Then I put in some fresh gas and just like you, it started after a few pulls. It had basically zero maintenance its whole life and still ran strong.

Still sitting unused in the garage b/c I can't bring myself to get rid of it. Guess I should try to start it...there's a ditch the riding mower won't get and this might be easier than using the weedeater. Just have to be careful of the rocks in there.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Local Farm Fleet (Thiesens) has Hexmag (AR) on sale for $9.99. If such not so very scary to idiot progs would pickup some. Wouldn't want to "trigger" any weakminded.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Replaced a few items in the storeroom.

Reactions: JH57

·
Registered
480 Posts
I get off work in 4 hours and 10 minutes. Will spend a bit of time working on trails through the timber this morning. Tomorrow morning after I get up I will spend several hours in full kit back in the brush.

Wolf

·
Stop YOLOing
3,352 Posts
Tested my new Coleman dual-fuel stove and a new collapsible kettle. Stove works awesome, as expected after reading the reviews. I used white gas because it's cleaner, but I have lots of treated ethanol-free unleaded so we should be good.

But man does white gas stink!! Another downside is that you have to wait for the stove to warm up the gas and vaporize, so it adds a couple minutes to cook time, where my propane setups give immediate heat with no smell. Dunno...might end up taking the 10lbs propane tank and the Jetboil Genesis on this next trip.

And tomorrow I build the sleeping platform in the truck. Got the supplies today at Home Depot...wood hurts.

·
Author, prepper, father
Done
6,885 Posts
Had the drive pulley on my lathe bust last night, will be replacing it and updating the motor cradle to prevent it i the future. Previous owned just mounted the motor on a pile of plywood chunks and strapped it in place. I intend to use 1x1/8 inch straps, 1/2 inch round stock and some ingenuity to make an adjustable cradle that can be slid back and forth as the belt is moved to different pulleys on the head for different speeds.

Attachments

45321 - 45340 of 45425 Posts