Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i notice alot of threads on rifles and well i wanted to know what you guys recommend on hand guns me personnally i own some 45 , 9mm and a Desert Eagle 50 i love them all but i personnally would stick with the D.E for close quarter combat

but what do you folks recommend?

this is a subject i dont see alot on so i figured i would bring it up

·
Banned
630 Posts
LUVDAHILLS,

A desert Eagle in my opinion is too bulky, not the most reliable and too much blast for a close quarter weapon....A colt 1911 or a Sig 229 in 40 cal would be much more appropriate....
I owned a 44 mag desert eagle some years ago, it was unreliable, was very sensitive to dirt, needed heavy lubrication and was ammo sensitive.....

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I am an unabashed 1911 lover.

I've got... um, .... a couple....

That went for over $1,000

That said, my daily carry's ar eGlocks.

They don't have that rediculious 2 different types of trigger pulls like DA semiautos, they work, they are simple, and I can afford to practice with 9mm...

(I carry Corbons so feel comfortable)

As to that .50... how much TRAINING do you do with it/can you afford?

Can you doubletap with it?

What about a "Failure to stop drill"

-Don't carry a gun if you cannot doubletap with it... take a step down (In power) and practice making hits...

Hits are what count.

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i am a big guy with big hands and the 50 fits perfect in my hand i had got it when i lived in the city and home invasions where the norm so i wanted to have good penetration now i just play with it out here in the country

money for ammo and all that i no big deal to me but i do like the 45 also i thought about getting a 40 cal what do you guys think

·
Learning
6,703 Posts
I recommend a Beretta 92, 16-18 rounds of Speer Gold Dots has some stopping power. Mine is accurate and is an amazing point shooter. Of course it is not as accurate as a 1911 Colt Gold cup, but it cost less than half the price too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a glock 22 in .40sw. 15+1 rounds. shooting 180gr bullet. accurate and cleaning and rust are less of an issue compared to metal frames. Another good one is springfeild xd. Both systems have multiple frame sizes and calibers. You mentioned that you like the DE in 50. IMO thats a big gun for self defense. Preacherboy recommeded a beretta 92/M9. I like a little a big round than the 9mm. Good luck
N-

·
Registered
350 Posts
I personally like the HK USP's and MK23's...but I'm a biased fan of HK's. I'm picking up two more USP's (HK USP Tactical 9mm's) so that I have matching and interchangeable pistols for myself and my wife. If I could afford the MK23's instead of just the USP Tacticals, I would go that route, but at $1k more than the tacticals, it's just too much to go for.

--Wintermute

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
If you are not an experienced gun person then do not go with a single action gun. The 1911 is a great weapon but not one for the novice. I am a Sig guy but would probably recomend a Glock due to costs today. It is a very good weapon. If you go with a 9MM then get the model 19 Glock. If you go with a 40 caliber weapon then buy the Glock model 23. Same frame and both good weapons. DO NOT buy a Desert Eagle. Unless you want to play Rambo it is far too big and too heavy.

·
I'm keeping my eye on you
2,204 Posts
I'll have to agree with Herd Sniper. I have several 1911's but my prefer carry is the Glock 21SF.

·
Registered
645 Posts
BERSA UC9 (or .45 if you prefer), you get a well made pistol for around $250-$300.

13 rounds in the UC9 and if you wish the 17 rounders work, they stick out about an inch. At the price you can afford one on most any budget, or buy several for all your friends :thumb: .

http://bersatalk.com/default.aspx

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
well i am a big guy with big hands and the 50 fits perfect in my hand i had got it when i lived in the city and home invasions where the norm so i wanted to have good penetration now i just play with it out here in the country

money for ammo and all that i no big deal to me but i do like the 45 also i thought about getting a 40 cal what do you guys think
I've got big hands... I CAN shoot a Desert Eagle one handed... Or a 12 guage etc...

But I'm talking PRACTICALLY shooting...

And TRAINING....

Do what you want.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
nothing less than a .380

·
Banned
286 Posts
get a glock 19..9mm it has a fully automatic capability and you can get 30 round mags
and it has a tactical rail so you can put a laser or flashlight on it..or something else
but if you use a 9mm ONLY use hollow points..because its the only way to give a 9mm
what little punch it has

1 - 20 of 48 Posts