Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
A welder, drill press, dremel, other tools.

Just about everyone I have seen done was rebuilt using a repair section, no idea where you would get a complete receiver. So your going to need to weld the receiver back together.

Its still a fixed firing pin bolt so you need to modify it. And as I understand thats the first thing you do is get rid of that firing pin before you do anything else. Modding the bolt is not going to be easy without the proper equipment, often a mill is involved.

One problem your going to run into pretty quick is getting ammo. Big, cheap tins of surplus used to be easy to get. Now its pretty much gone.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Public forums are probably not the best place to ask about making unlawful weapons. People here tend to be a bit paranoid anyway and might think you are a snitch for the atf or something

·
Registered
692 Posts
Obviously you can't build it fully auto and be legal. Check the laws about three times before you start doing any work. There is nothing illegal about building a semiauto though, if you do it right.
It takes a fair amount of machine work.
Some of the BASICS are: it has to fire from a closed bolt, not open (unless you live in Canada), the new receiver has to be made to not accept a full auto bolt which means smaller diameter inside or a rail to block a stock bolt, the barrel needs to be 16" or you'll have to make it pistol only with no butt stock or do a SBR tax payment. There are other rules so again check it for yourself.
Some companies make semiauto parts for some SMG parts sets. They will sell the receiver maybe 80% and you finish it out, but I don't know if anyone has a kit for the PPS-43C. The 80% receivers I've messed with could be done with a hand drill, dremel, files, and welder in the garage if you are careful and take your time.
Check out weaponsguild.com for all your build questions. There are guys there who have a lot more skill and knowledge than I do and I guarantee someone there has built a semiauto PPS-43C. Some of those guys over there have machine tools that I can only dream of though.
Lastly check all the laws out for yourself again. It could be a very rewarding project or it could be a mess of frustration. Don't build it though with any intent of selling it. That's a no-no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts