Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm newb here, so apologies if this has already circulated, but this is a great quote,regardless of your religious views ( or lack thereof) and one I've used to try to get through to certain obstinate friends and family:
"...a prudent person will foresee such difficulties and prepare for them, while a simpleton will go blindly on and suffer the consequences." Proverbs 22:3

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
you try to hint about it but if they laugh and dont want to hear it brush the dirt off your feet and move on . NEVER and i mean NEVER tell any1 your stocking up. or you will pay for it when ppl come knocking on your door wanting food you cant spare. or worse they tell strangers that come to take what you got

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
you try to hint about it but if they laugh and dont want to hear it brush the dirt off your feet and move on . NEVER and i mean NEVER tell any1 your stocking up. or you will pay for it when ppl come knocking on your door wanting food you cant spare. or worse they tell strangers that come to take what you got
My 16 year old son has been watching my prep piles increase- I am even taking over the extra space at the top of his closet. We have had several discussions about the need to keep silent at school and with friends about our preparedness at all times.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
I don't hint.

If they are PEOPLE, I don't care.

If they are friends, I explain. Nowadays, I'm not the one breeching the subject; it seems everyone thinks things are about to go all pear shaped. As I mentioned on a thread I started this morning, even though VERY few people know I prep, my location itself is desireable enough to draw my friends to me if things get ugly in the cities. "hinting" at preparedness in that situation only sets everyone up for failure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Try bringing it up in a conversation when there are several people located. Sometime like, "I saw on the news last night that some people are stocking up on food in case we have bad inflation." Or something like that. The odds are that someone else in the group will step into the conversation and tell everyone exactly what they should do. (But food, etc.)

You can just sit back and ad a few things. This way it looks like you are just thinking about it and haven't really stocked up on anything yet. Plus, it gets people talking about the subject. The more times we hear something, the more real it becomes. Who knows, maybe after hearing this conversation, they will hear one of the those stories on the news. Then they might actually get the urge to buy a few supplies.

Remember though, never tell anyone what supplies you have put away and where in your house they are stored. A non commital phrase like, I bought an extra bag of rice or I'm thinking about starting a garden should suffice.

Also, you can't make people to anything. You can give them the information and hope that they come around. Remember that when Mount St. Helens erupted, there were some who wouldn't leave the mountain, even though it was rumbling and spewing ash. Those people chose to die. Hopefully, your friend/family member makes better choices.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
If someone brings up the subject with me I will get into it with them. However, I am hesitant to get into what I have. It really brings it home when you hear someone say that they have no need to prepare. Their preps are to buy enough guns to kill the guy who has done all the work and take his stuff. Even if they have to kill his family. I had this very thing said to me by a so called survivalist. It gives me cold chills to think there are people out there and even on sites like this that would do such a thing.

I am more than willing to help anyone get started. We keep care packages for periods of power outages. Candles, lighters, can opener P51, water tabs, etc. I am having to make some more up. We gave out almost all we had done over the last few blackouts. the sad thing to say is that many went to the same people over and over. They have to have someone else do their work or it doesn't get done.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm newb here, so apologies if this has already circulated, but this is a great quote,regardless of your religious views ( or lack thereof) and one I've used to try to get through to certain obstinate friends and family:
"...a prudent person will foresee such difficulties and prepare for them, while a simpleton will go blindly on and suffer the consequences." Proverbs 22:3
An exelent verse. A prudent person also does not talk about thier wealth. If you want to warn people the "I heard some where" tequnique is a good one. Another option is to tell people that things are going to go down strait out. Then warn them that they should be doing something to prepare for hard times.
I usually explain how food can be used as a wepon to subdue populations and give them a copy of End Game. What they do from there is up to them, I don't want to wast to much time on some one that things that bad things don't happen and the world is made of butter flys and rain bows.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've run into this "I'll take what I need from the sheeple" attitude on other forums,as well. As far as I'm concerned,these people are the ones that will be most responsible for making a post-civilization world a living hell.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've run into this "I'll take what I need from the sheeple" attitude on other forums,as well. As far as I'm concerned,these people are the ones that will be most responsible for making a post-civilization world a living hell.
What do you mean "Ill take what I need from the sheeple". That sounds like what bandits and thugs are thinking. Those are the very people who are defensive firearms stores were being made for. If I'm hearing you right then i've heard it in the form of, "thanks for telling me you have prep, I'll know who to come to when SHTF". Totaly iresposible for thiere own well being and that's exactly the person you need to be watching out for.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Please use the quote button when you are responding to someone in a thread. I am having trouble figuring out what you are talking about. It seem s like you are mad at some one, but after reviewing the last couple of posts i can't figure it out.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Please use the quote button when you are responding to someone in a thread. I am having trouble figuring out what you are talking about. It seem s like you are mad at some one, but after reviewing the last couple of posts i can't figure it out.
I have mentioned to a few city friends that if they prep they are welcome to put an RV on my land and stay there,but they still have to work in the garden.
That way my house stays mine,and they have theirs.

If I cant drink my coffee in the morning, while wearing boxers, it will hit the fan !

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Relax,Maverick !! I'm not sure how you misunderstood,me but you have !! I wasn't quoting anyone here, just paraphrasing honorable forum member Grinnan Barrett: "It really brings it home when you hear someone say that they have no need to prepare. Their preps are to buy enough guns to kill the guy who has done all the work and take his stuff. Even if they have to kill his family. I had this very thing said to me by a so called survivalist."
I've seen this reprehensable view repeated numerous times on other forums, and if you re-read my posts, I think you'll see that I wasn't endorsing it, but in fact condemning it.
Again, this is what I posted :" I've run into this "I'll take what I need from the sheeple" attitude on other forums,as well. As far as I'm concerned,these people are the ones that will be most responsible for making a post-civilization world a living hell."
I'm not sure how you lumped me in with the "Mad Max" crowd, but gimme a little credit !! :D:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Relax,Maverick !! I'm not sure how you misunderstood,me but you have !! I wasn't quoting anyone here, just paraphrasing honorable forum member Grinnan Barrett: "It really brings it home when you hear someone say that they have no need to prepare. Their preps are to buy enough guns to kill the guy who has done all the work and take his stuff. Even if they have to kill his family. I had this very thing said to me by a so called survivalist."
I've seen this reprehensable view repeated numerous times on other forums, and if you re-read my posts, I think you'll see that I wasn't endorsing it, but in fact condemning it.
Again, this is what I posted :" I've run into this "I'll take what I need from the sheeple" attitude on other forums,as well. As far as I'm concerned,these people are the ones that will be most responsible for making a post-civilization world a living hell."
I'm not sure how you lumped me in with the "Mad Max" crowd, but gimme a little credit !! :D:
MIl, its a lot easier if you hit the Quote BUTTON when you are referring to someone else's post. Otherwise no one knows what the hell you are talking about, unless they scroll back and read thru it.

Now back to the program

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Come on, FarmBoy, work with me here !! I just said I WASN'T quoting anyone, just paraphrasing a recurring view.And in the case of that last post, I was quoting just a couple sentences, and clearly stated so. But,hey,long as everyone's cool ! :thumb:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Come on, FarmBoy, work with me here !! I just said I WASN'T quoting anyone, just paraphrasing a recurring view.And in the case of that last post, I was quoting just a couple sentences, and clearly stated so. But,hey,long as everyone's cool ! :thumb:
First welcome aboard, I always like a new member that can think & share some new ideas.

Im :cool: with it too

·
Registered
645 Posts
your cool, just remember how hard it can be to understand what you are trying to say from just reading it. Trying to make your comments clear and flowing with the previous posts will be key to getting your point across.

PS. loved your call out on FXjohn.... laugh of the night.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts